Personal One Shot 3.0

Made for @kittyandboo12 with Percy. Disclaimer: If you hardcore ship Percabeth or loves Annabeth to the end of your wits, you might want to refrain from reading this. The requester dislikes Annabeth and hence, I had to make a one shot according to her opinions. And hey, opinions are fine. But let's get onto it. Your name is Maddy, a fairly powerful child of Hecate, and your Percy's best friend/girlfriend. When he first met you, his previous partner in quests, Annabeth, had just died due to sacrificing herself to save him. You reminded him of her, tough as a nail and a dog with a bark and a bite, and you held a slight grudge against her for that. But you respected her for all her amazing intellect and incredible fighting skills. She was great warrior. Soon enough, Percy saw you for who you were and the relationship accelerated pretty fast after that. He fears that all the monsters he killed in Tatarus will come back to hurt who he loves the most and hence, always wakes up, breathing heavily, hand clutching sword, from nightmares.

<DREAM>

Do your hear me, Perseus Jackson? I'm coming for you and I'm going to hurt you. In and out. I'm going to make you murder everyone you love and remember their sorry little faces as you rip their hearts out. Then, you will die a slow and horrible death, your hands of their colour... Perseus Jackson, I'm going to make sure you regret ever dealing with me...

"Gah!" You felt the bed spring up beside you and you got up instinctively. Patting the bed beside you blindly, you murmured, "Percy? Are you okay?" It felt damp with cold sweat. You continued moving your hand about and felt hot bare skin. Your fingers retreated automatically, but upon remembering it was Percy, you touched him lightly. Spreading your fingers so you could feel his entire body trembling, you asked, "Nightmare?"

He nodded slowly and in the dim moonlight, you could see his blue eyes, murky and glazed. You shifted up from the bed, yawning, and wrapped your hands around his waist, leaning your head against his back. You felt the muscles tense and then relax. His body was feverishly hot and cold at the same time, and your heart sank.

His fingers curled around yours and the both of you sat in silence, under the glow of the moon, clinging onto the comfort of each other. Letting go of your hand and reaching for his shirt, he quickly pulled it over his head and helped you off the bed. Swinging open the cabin door, allowing the fresh sweet perfume of the night air to sweep in, he muttered, "Come on. Let's get some fresh air." He pushed your forward lightly and you waited at the door for him as he hurried back in. Returning with Riptide glinting in his hand, he pressed a quick kiss on your forehead and led you by the hand, towards the lake.

Hearing the harpies squawk, with a quick wave of your hand, your image, with Percy's, started flickering. Percy paused and asked, "What spell is this? I don't think I've seen you done this before." You shrugged and replied casually, "How could you though? This is an invisibility spell. You wouldn't have been able to seen me." Percy gasped and joked, "What? Do you spy on me in the shower?" You giggled and stopped abruptly, face adopting a serious mask. "Yes."

Percy grinned and rolled his eyes. He led you forward tentatively, and quickened his pace as soon as he saw the harpies fly right by the both of you. Soon, the cabins disappeared and you trotted along a long windy dirt path, with a thick forest at its sides. The wind danced through the leaves and grass and everything was silent. Percy pulled you closer and his arm snaked around your waist. You wanted time to stop, so you could enjoy this moment. Nothing but the hum of Earth and the warmth of Percy. You wanted to draw this moment and capture the light against his dark hair, the way his eyes reflected the dark green hue of the leaves and his lips, so pink and soft, so kissable. You pulled away from your thoughts and decided to enjoy the moment.

And coincidentally, that's when it stopped.

You gripped his arm and stopped him as he continued to mindlessly walk towards a figure that had appeared in the middle of the end of the path. The lake behind it illuminated its tiny shrivelled silhouette. Percy snapped out of his thoughts and with a familiar 'shink', Riptide elongated into a sword, but it trembled in his arms. A ghastly wine-purple wisp wrapped around your clenched fist and you sent some of you magic into Percy's heart, calming his worry and rioting his confidence, but not too much. He steadied and with a firm nod, the both of you adopted a defensive position.