❁ His BATTLE SCARS

Thank you everyone for the support for the last chapter :) I know I've been getting less and even less votes since this story is very confusing.. it gets even more confusing now... Can you guys give me a suggestion? Should I just end this story really quickly?? 

Btw, this chapter continues the previous Cinder chapter :) Tell me what you think and please vote :D

Vote. Comment. :D It'll mean the whole world to me if you do these two things :)

Chapter 14—His BATTLE SCARS

Cinder

I didn’t know whether I should be happy or insulted. This guy in front of me had made me trust him for the wrong reasons, and now, he was using my feelings against me. The sadness turned into anger, and before I knew it, I was up on my feet. My hands curled into fists, and with a surge of energy, I tried to punch this guy. I was, after all, one reckless girl who didn’t know her own limits.

His eyes glimmered in the sunlight, and laughter busted out of his lips. Just when the punch was about to land on his face, his hand rushed out of nowhere to block my fierce punch. He circled my fist with his fingers and placed them away from his face. This whole thing sounded like a joke to him.

“Violent, are we?” he said cockily. He raised one eyebrow, while my other fist was already advancing. Again, he dodged the punch, and before I knew it, he secured both of my hands. I tried to struggle out of his grip, but it was useless. He placed one finger on my lip when I tried to scream for help.

He chuckled. “Quiet down, Princess. I’m not here to hurt you. In fact, I’m going to help you.” He raised his hands to show his defeat, but I was still cautious.

“You’re not a creepy guy who sneaks into other people’s property?” I asked him.

Shaking his head, he smiled. “I’m a good guy. Trust me,” he said.

Believe him.

I refused to.

I slapped his finger from my mouth and glared at him with disgust. “Explain yourself, stranger. This jug of water—“I showed him my watering utensil—“is about to fall on your head!” I threatened.

My threat meant nothing to him. “I’m not afraid of water,” he murmured. “Just in case you’re wondering.”

Annoying. He’s like of those irritating bastards

“Did you just call me a bastard?” he claimed.

I nodded, and then my hands did its job. With enough courage against this confusing stranger, I spilled my jug of water on his clothes. I heard him groan with aggravation as he tried to pull away from my sprays of water. My lip broke into a grin when he looked at me with annoyance. This guy was more naïve than hostile, and slowly, I was thinking of how easy it would be to overcome this Fake Mason.

“You’re worst than a bastard,” I told him genuinely. “You suck. You lied to me. Now, get out of my damn house before I call the police!”

He raised both his hands up. “Can we just settle all this hatred between us with a game of cards?” His hand snaked down him jeans and pulled out a deck of cards.

Rolling my eyes, I took the cards from his hand and threw it away from view. His mouth fell open when he saw his cards flying away with the wind. “I’m not interested,” I declared. “Get out. I have a broom somewhere around here. I can kick you out with that.”

“Hey!” he exclaimed when I turned around to grab my broom. “I’m invited by your stepmother! You can’t just kick me out like that! I have a business to handle! Let’s just settle this with a cup of tea!”