Chapter I : Now this should be interesting

“The marks humans leave are too often scars."

In every girls life she overcomes something, rather it’s good or bad. As a matter of fact in every one’s life we overcome something which eventually makes us who we are. That’s me, Amelia Jenkins. I’m actually good with hiding my feelings which not many people know but it is indeed true. I go to school every day pulling off this image of a girl that’s always happy in some kind of way, when I am actually totally opposite.  I see things you don’t normally see and inspect things very closely. I pay attention to every detail and can feel things you’ve never really felt before. Most people say I’m weird, and I don’t have many friends either they live far away regardless. I haven’t spoken to them in over 3 years but the few friends I have are older than me. I think people my age are too…….childish and immature, so I hang out with people that are somehow just like me. I guess you could call us……WILD FLOWERS.

Today is my normal day, I get up, get ready, go to school, and come home. I don’t go out much as you can tell but when I do it’s on walks to the park. It helps me clear my head and appreciate the things there are in life. I live with my mom and my older brother. My dad passed away when I was in third grade. Ever since then my mom has been working nonstop and my brother isn’t home much. Him and I were close but I guess my dad passing away really affected him.

I got up and did my early morning routine. I put on some ripped dark blue jeans, a black graphic tee, with a blue and black stripped cardigan and my black moccasins. Yes a lot of black, I know, It’s one of my favorite colors. I put on some makeup, grabbed my bag and headed out the front door walking towards the bus stop. Before I knew it I was at school, the one place I dread. I walked through the hallways inspecting and taking in every detail. I saw people laughing, couples kissing, and others just passing by. It seems like everyone has friends but me and instead of enjoying my high school years I’m just getting through it. I don’t think it will get any better but I try my best not to think negative. I walked in my first period class sitting down in the back row. I pulled out my materials and waited for everyone to arrive. I came in 10 minutes early so everyone didn’t start arriving until the bell was about to ring. A new teacher walked in, one I’ve never seen before. He was white, which I find quite odd since my school is like ninety percent black and this isn’t one of the best neighborhoods either. The class quieted down as he wrote his name on the board.

Mr. Ellis

He sat his stuff on the desk and began to introduce himself.

                “Hello everyone, my name is Mr. Ellis.  Your teacher Mrs. Franklin has been transferred and I will take her place for the rest of the school year.”

Now this should be interesting.