The End Of The Road

The flaming debris rained down on them, barely missing the man who had a limp body In his hands. The whole building was on fire, but somehow, the fire hadn't reached the one who wanted to die the most. The grieving man shook as the powerful sobs racked his body. He pleaded for this to be a dream, but deep down, the man knew it was in fact real.

"Sammy, it's okay I gotcha. It's my job, right, watch after my pain-in-the-ass little brother. Sam? Sammy!" Dean pulled his baby brother tighter against his chest, and let the tears come rushing out. He laid his brother down next to the blue eyed man who lay next to him. "Dean?" He turned around sharply, surprised to her that deep voice of his love. "Cas? Ohmygod Castiel are you okay?" Cas sat up, confused. "Are we going to die, Dean?" Dean nods, unable to stop the tears from coming. Castiel only smiled, as he pulled Dean closer. "It'll be okay, Dean" And with that sentence, they started to sing, although their voices were starting to fade.

Carry on my wayward son

There'll be peace when you are done

Lay your weary head to rest

Don't you cry no more

Cas pulled Dean in for a kiss, and with that moment, a flaming piece of wood crashed down on them, crushing them instantly.

So, it's the end of the road. No more saving people, or hunting things for the brothers and their angel. Yet, the family business is not over. It would be carried on by other hunters who remembered the Winchesters and the little Angel on their shoulder. The Winchesters will never truly forgotten. The story will be told throughout history to kids who believe and hunters, and soon, it will be questioned if it is true. The story of  the man who loved his brother too much, the boy who almost ended the world but somehow saved it again, and the Angel that chose the brothers over heaven.

There is no such thing as a happy ending. Endings are often the saddest part.