I

There once was an era of male chauvinist and rage.

Women were slaves among the feet of the men where no respect ruled at all. Men fought country after country, taking and tasting women from all around the world.

Barbarians, they called them.

Men so savage and hungry for pleasure while the women was wasted and terrorized to even stand. The chaos lived through the city almost choking the air of freedom out of their lungs. There was a barbarian king who all feared, for all who dared deny him ended badly, and it was that same king who made the first mistake. Woman were very wise and calculating while the man did not take the time to analyze, that was the second mistake. The last rock to been thrown was the kings favorite, the one he loved to fool around with, just enough for her to plan his death. It was in her hands that the king took his last breath, collapsing his whole era of glory with him. When the king fell a new queen rose from the dust, and this woman had no mercy. The barbarians were all hunted to the ground, some came to death while others were maintained for entertainment and hard works. They say that the barbarians had no heart, well, neither did the amazons.

That was the story Jabel had engraved in her skin, the one that made her in the next most important person in the era. –Make mother proud- was all she wanted, but it was difficult when you had to impress the queen of the amazons which apparently had a hole in her heart. Being the next in line was a tough work when you were expected to be a cold blooded woman, sometimes Jabel thought if others like her ever felt the pity and guilt carrying on her shoulder. And by surprise it weighted on her more than her armor ever had. The armor she would carry every single day felt like a second skin on her now, because she had worn it for almost 8 years.

The sunrays shot directly almost blinding her for a few seconds as she stumbled backwards knocking the bucket of water a servant was using to clean the grand balcony floor. Red hot guilt flashed through her face as she ducked to help the poor man from the soaking floor, her hands moved to the mop trying to take most of the water out. Huge mistake from her part, the next amazon queen should never do chores for a man, the next amazon queen will never think of a man twice. She felt the hard grip on her arm before she could even see her mother who was instantly yanking her arm away from the floor throwing her across the room. Jabel knew from the beginning to never help a man in anything, to never be near one even. Her mother stomped to the man with the fury molding her face, her kicks went directly to his ribs as something cracked and he yelled. Queen Eloisa took a handful of the poor man's hair and shoved his face to the nearest wall, all Jabel could do was watch in disbelief because she knew that in a couple of years that would be her.

"You degenerated man, I should have killed all of you with my bare hands. I killed your king with just a snap, give me the pleasure to do it again." Said the queen in angry shouts.

The man just ducked his bloodied face and scurried out of the room, his eyes meeting Jabel in his exit. They both knew whose fault it was, who broke the rules first. Jabel's red face was nothing compared to the blood of the man as her mother took Jabel's wrist firmly between her hand, half dragging, half carrying her out of the room. Another push was what Jabel earned from her mother as she shoved her to the study room.

"Again, Jabel" two hurtful words at her was all it took, she stayed silent for a few seconds considering what was the best excuse. "You know the rules"

"It was my mistake, I prefer to take the beating myself" said Jabel softly. Error. That was her second mistake in the day.

"You see, that's your flaw. As the next amazon queen you should be swanking over the beating the man took." Frustration was written all over Queen Eloisa's face knowing it was her flaws that made Jabel that way. "You naïve child." She said plopping on the small throne behind her. The reminder of how weak she once was asphyxiated the queen to no end, the thoughts of her mistakes and every detail done wrong. "It's my fault you're the way you are. That is why we will have to wait more time for you to become the queen this world need. You are not ready to be the amazon the men fear."