•twenty-two•

A/N: HEY LOOK IT'S LILYPAD

~~~~~

Ara returned that night feeling lighter than air, for the first time in a while she felt worry-free. Remus walked her to the common room and gave her a quick kiss goodnight. She thanked him again and hurried upstairs to her awaiting friends.

"Tell us everything!" Lily pleaded as soon as Ara walked in.

"How was it?"Mary asked curiously.

Ara flopped onto the bed next to them, "It was magical," she whispered.

Mary and Lily smirked.

"Looks like someone's a little starstruck," Evans teased, smiling at her own pun.

"So you did know!" Ara accused.

"Remus might have dropped a few hints," she shrugged.

"I wanna hear about it!" Mary whined.

So Ara told them everything and answered their many, many questions.

"I want to go on a cute date," Lily groaned.

"Well you've got a boy that's head over heels in love with you," Mary offered.

"Yeah..." Lily responded, a slight blush appeared on her cheeks that didn't go unnoticed by the other girls.

Ara squealed, "Merlin, Lily! I knew it! You do like him!"

Evans shoved her face into a pillow.

"Ew, no! Gross! Boys have cooties," her muffled voice denied.

Mary pulled the pillow from her, "He's gonna be so excited."

"No he's not because Idon'tlikehim because he'sajerkandhe's arrogant and he'sobnoxious and he's annoying and he's funnyandhe'scute and he'sreallynicetome. Ohmygod. I'minlovewithJamesPotter."

Jones and McDonald did a very good impression of Lily's excited scream.

"Don't say anything to him, okay? This stays between us. He can't find out, at least not yet."

Ara mimed locking her lips and Mary threw away the key.

-----

When James came to breakfast the next morning it was as if Lily hadn't decided she was completely in love with him. Their usual exchange proceeded as usual:

"Good morning Lilypad, you look beautiful as always."

"Shut up, Potter."

"Can I get you anything to drink?"

"Shut up, Potter."

"Lovely weather, huh?"

"It's raining, idiot."

Ara again failed to see how Lily could be so normal. She certainly wished she had the ability to keep her emotions from taking over her ability to think.

Mary and Lily left before everyone for they had a detention in Divination again.

Remus walked into breakfast later than normal.

"You all packed up?" Sirius asked.

"Yep," Remus answered as cheerily as he could.

"Do you go tonight?" Ara questioned.

He nodded, spooning himself some cereal.

They finished breakfast mostly in silence and walked back to the common room to get their bags for class.