Big Sister Rises

Elena paces wearily back and forth in the ring of fire that surrounds her. She turns to her aunt Jenna and questions, "How are you feeling?"

Jenna looks up at her with fearful eyes and explains, "I feel like myself...only not. Everything is brighter. The fire's hotter. Part of me is terrified, but there's another part of me that doesn't want to feel anything."

"Vampires can turn off the part that's human. That's the part that hurts," Elena tells her.

Jenna starts to tear up as the realization hit her full on without warning: "I'm going to die, aren't I?"

"No! Jenna, I'm not going to let that happen. I don't care what I have to do," the brunette rushes out, but she knows there is no chance. Some twigs snap in the distance and Jules groans as Elena and Jenna snap their heads in her direction.

"Who's that?" Jenna asks.

"That must be the werewolf," Elena states.

Greta, the witch working for Klaus, pushes Jules down to the ground. Jules clutches her stomach and groans in pain.

"What's happening to me?" she questions out of fear.

"I cast a spell to slow down your transformation. Your insides are trying to tear themselves free," the witch tells the fearful werewolf. She walks away and, with a flick of her wrist, lights a ring of fire around Jules.

"Greta, witches are supposed to maintain the balance in nature. It's your duty to them to keep this curse sealed," Elena tells the witch.

"My duty is to Klaus! The new order," Greta argues with a glare as Klaus walks onto the scene.

"Glad to know I still have a dance partner," Klaus jokes and turns to the three girls in fire. "Hello, my lovelies. Are we ready?" He smirks.

"I've got the moonstone. I spent years looking for this. I hate to part with it," Klaus says as he hands the stone over to Greta.

The witch glances at the sky before elucidating, "The moon has passed its apex. Remember everything you need to do?"

"I remember," Klaus clarified with a small smirk. Greta drops the moonstone into a stone, flame filled bowl. Sparks pop as the moonstone is destroyed. As Greta begins the spell, Klaus approaches Jules' ring of fire.

Jules moans in pain before looking up to Elena, "Everything I did...I was trying to help Tyler."

"Are you Jules?" Elena questions with realisation of who the wolf was.

"I didn't want him to be alone!" She gasps out.

Klaus looks down at the werewolf, "Shall we?"

The fire around Jules dies out quickly, like a candle being blown out. The werewolf's eyes turn a golden yellow and she inhumanly speeds at Klaus, but he has more control and pins the wolf down. The soon-to-be hybrid plunges his hand through Jules's chest and rips out her heart. As she takes her last breath tears stream down Jules' face and she dies. Klaus breathes heavily with the heart in hand as Jenna and Elena stand by, horrified and frozen in fear.

~
On the other side as Klaus rips Jules' heart from her chest, his sister feels the terrible pain of the wolf. Kordeila tries everything she can to stop this random burst of pain in her chest, but it cannot be stopped. She cries out in pain from the invisible cavity in her chest where her heart is. Although, she feels all the pain that the three sacrifices will go through, she will look perfectly in tact.
~

"The day that the lawyers called to tell me that I was going to become your guardian, you know what my first thought was?" Jenna questions Elena, who shakes her head. "Isn't there someone else who can do this?"