Meeting The Brothers

The Beautiful Disease Chapter 2: Meeting the brothers

The next day, Donghae went to school with unease lingering around him. After all, he was still afraid of his illness coming back. As he walked to his first lesson, he suddenly bumped into someone. Being the kindhearted person he is, he bent down and picked up the scattered books splayed across the floor.

“I'm so sorry! Here you go.” And he handed the books to the person in front of him. The person- or more like a model was a really good-looking male with a height beyond average and face too suave to be put in the same category as just a human. He was above humans, more like a God. 

“Don’t worry about it, I mean, you didn’t do it on purpose right?” He grinned and Donghae who was already uncomfortable with the situation and his body. Shit, it’s back. I need to get away from him. And with a forced apology, he ran away into his lecture room.

“Hey! New kid, where do you think you're going?” asked someone from his class. Donghae turned around and came face to face with a boy, who had a scowl on his face, making him look like a chimpanzee.

Donghae resisted the urge to laugh, he was never afraid of bullies; it was only his condition that forced him to look weak in front of the others. Nevertheless, he didn’t want to make a ruckus in a school he just attended for only two days. He bowed down repeatedly, and walked to his seat.  The bully just snorted and left it at that. Donghae only recognised a few faces in the room, most of them from his class with the handsome guy yesterday.

Just then, a tap on his shoulder snapped Donghae out of his trance. He looked up and saw the boy he had bumped into in the hallway. “May I sit here?” He asked, leaning down so close to Donghae that Donghae could hear his heartbeat.

“Um s-sure.” Donghae stuttered whilst helplessly moved his stuff off the chair next to him and scooted closer to the wall. He felt extremely nauseous but being the lazy ass he was he would rather learn everything at school than having to catch up later on. 

“I haven’t really introduced myself to you properly. Hello, I'm Choi Minho, student president of this school and coincidentally a classmate of yours and hopefully a friend of yours later on.” He winked, making Donghae’s face heat up and stomach churn. Not in the romantic sense of butterflies, no, his stomach churning as in feeling like he could puke any moment. Donghae quickly turned away, before cautiously getting out his equipment and starting the lesson.

The lesson dragged on long and painfully, especially with that Minho guy, who took glimpses of Donghae every five seconds. When the bell rang, Donghae gathered all his stuff and ran out of the room. He wandered into the cafeteria, where students from different classes are entering. He took a seat near the back of the cafeteria, not wanting to attract any more attention. Donghae was munching his sandwiches quietly when someone sat down opposite him.