Chapter 23

Emma's POV

I slowly drag myself towards the couch in the living room, I shake my head in disbelief. Who the heck was that woman? Only one thing came to my head, but I didn't want to believe it.

I've seen her somewhere, I'm sure of it. She had long brown hair, she was a little shorter than my dad, maybe a bit taller than me, she was wearing a light brown thick long coat that went down to her knees, she had leggings on and heels. She probably had a dress underneath the coat.

I know I've seen her somewhere, I'm sure of it, but where? ugh, I have a lot of questions running through my head, that needs to be answered sooner or later.

I decided not to ask who that lady was, because I didn't want things to get awkward, and I know if it's important, my dad will tell me sooner or later. I quickly turn on the TV, to act like I was watching, but I wasn't at all.

The front door suddenly opens and my dad walks in, smiling."Hey dad, where were you, I thought you didn't have work today?" I ask, as he takes his coat off and puts it on the kitchen island.

"No, I didn't have work, I just had a small appointment I needed to go to." He says, sitting down on the couch next to me."Your watching nursery rhythms?" Dad asks raising an eyebrow.

"Huh? What, no I wasn't I was changing um the channels when you walked in, I swear" I say quickly realizing that I've been 'watching' nursery rhymes this whole time.

"Well, okay whatever you say, honey." He said, chuckling as I hand him the remote."I'll be in my room." I muttered getting up to leave.

I get in the room and let out a deep sigh. Is my dad seeing a woman? Not that I would mind but is he already over mom? I can't help but get mad. Even though its been over 10 years ago, he can't just date some other woman, actually, he can, I'm just over exaggerating, I just hope my thoughts aren't true.

I walk to my bed and grabbed my computer and called Becky on Skype, I needed to talk to her. I call her, but she didn't answer, I called her once again but still didn't answer. Oh well, I guess she is busy.

..

Monday:

"Hey, guys!" I say as I walk up to our normal table in the cafeteria during lunch."Hey, Emma" Theo said, waving.

I take a seat next to Brendon and looked at him, who had his earbuds on and was on his phone. We haven't talked or texted since the night when we almost kissed I couldn't help but feel like it was all my fault, maybe I didn't realize I was the one leaning in and not him?

"Um where is Becky, she hasn't been answering my texts or calls." I say, a bit worried."I don't know, she hasn't been answering my texts or calls either, we could go over to her house later on after school," Theo says, taking a bite from his pizza. I just nod and looked at Brendon, who was still listening to something while on his phone. So I got my book out and started reading.

Finally, the bell rang and students started getting up from their seats and walking towards the exit of the cafeteria. Theo gets up and walked away after waving at me. I turn to look at Brendon who stuffed his phone into his pocket and looked at me. Then just gets up and leaves without a word.

..

The final bell rings as I rush out of class to the parking area and found Theo there in front of his car waving at me. I wave back and ran over."Hey, let's go to Becky's house to check on her"Theo says, opening the car."Yeah, let's go" I say getting in his car, ignoring the stares and glares people were giving me, mostly girls.

"So, hey do you know what happened to Brendon?"Theo asks while driving."I honestly don't know"I say looking out the window watching the rainfall.

It was somewhere in November, I absolutely loved the rain. And since its somewhere middle of November, winter break is coming soon, can't wait.

"I was just asking you because he seemed pretty pissed the day after he came back from your house.."Theo says."Oh, um I'm not sure if this is why,but like we" I stop there, to decide whether I should tell him or not."we almost kissed and then he got a phone call and ever since then he acted a bit strange, to be honest,"I just say without thinking twice.

The I just looks at me."Wait, really?" He asks. I just nodded."Damn, I'm the one that called him. Maybe he really wanted to kiss you and got pissed because I ruined it?"Theo says, banging his head on the driving wheel."I don't know," I muttered, trying to push my thoughts aside.

Even though I tried to push my thoughts aside, Theo's words echoed in my head. 'Maybe he really wanted to kiss you'.

He doesn't you stupid bitch.

Before I realized, we were in front of Becky's house, we get off and went to the front door. Right when my I was about to ring the bell, the door burst open, Theo quickly moves away and we see Becky stomping out of the house, her face was red and tears rolled down her cheeks, causing her mascara to smear on her cheeks.

She slams the door close, then she looks to her side, and sees me and Theo. She just stares at us, her mouth opens to say something but she closes it back. "Becky, what happened?"I say quickly before she decides to leave or something.

Becky bursts into tears running to me and I hug her tightly. I look at Theo who looked extremely worried, motioned the car.

"Becky, let's go get some food, and maybe you can tell us what happened if you want to though," Theo says. Becky lets go of me and walks to Theo and he puts his arm around her waist and they walked to Theo's car, I walk up behind them.

The car ride was silent, the radio was on, but I wasn't listening.

I heard a few things when we were in front of Becky's house when she and someone else was shouting at each other. I heard 'how could you?!' 'Becky, let me explain' that's all I heard.

It was probably her and her mom, I wonder what happened. I was so worried, Becky never looked more mad and upset, ever before.

We pull into the parking lot of Becky's favorite restaurant, and we walk in, Becky wiped her face with tissues in the car so there wasn't any more mascara on her cheeks.

Becky and I sat in a booth on the second floor, while Theo went to get the food. She gave me a weak smile. I grab hold of her hand, whoever did this, will pay.

Theo soon comes with our burgers and he sits down. We all eat in silence except Becky, who was picking at her French fries and barely took more than 3 bites from her burger.

"Ok Becky, I can't wait any longer, and I can't stand seeing you upset, what the heck happened?"I ask putting my burger down.

Becky looks up at me and Theo, then sighs."My mom and my dad are getting divorced." she says, looking down at her fries.

"WHAT," Theo and I say in unison.

_____________________________

Hey guys!Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Vote and Comment!

-Sarah