Chapter 3

We drive in silence, not the awkward silence but the 'I understand this is a horrible thing to happen and saying something might just make it worse' kind of silence. We pull into a parking space in the hospital parking lot.
"Thanks for driving me." I say looking out the window, my hand on the door handle.
"I'm coming in with you" he says after a moments pause.
"No. you don't have to. I'm fine, really."
"Yes I do have to. Ava, you aren't in stable condition." I don't fight back. I don't have the strength to. For some reason I'm feeling a bit dizzy too.
I open my door and put one foot slowly on the ground. is it just me or is the ground spinning in circles? I slide my other foot around and set it on the ground next to the other. I pull myself up and the next thing I know my legs give out from under me and I crash to the ground.
"Oh my god!" I hear a door slam. my vision is a bit blurry but I can see a figure running around the car and lifting me up. he puts his arm around under my shoulders and supports me as we walk to the hospital. though I am just limp so halfway to the doors he decides to carry me. once in the hospital I see the bright lights and I slowly, fall asleep.

I wake up in a strange room. not my bedroom. I look around, its plain. white walls, and the bed sheets are a light blue.i look to my left and I see Charlie asleep in the chair beside me. I then look to my right and see Ellen laying in a bed right next to me. She has bandages wrapped around her head, her arm has a sling around it, her leg is broken, an she has bruises and cuts everywhere, there is one cut that sliced her bottom lip so now its all swollen. she looked like crap. I move a bit and turn to my side to see Ellen easier. I reach over and tap her slightly on her good arm. her eyes flutter open with exhaustion in them. but then they go to me, and happiness fills her eyes. but as soon as it appears, it is gone. she was a witness to our parents death. if I think it's hard for me to deal with.. it must be 10 times worse for her.
"Hi There" I manage to choke out.
" hi" she says in a squeaky, hurt voice.
"I say nothing more and just hold her hand from my bed." We slowly fall asleep once again.

When I wake, it's to the smell of bacon. And pancakes. And eggs. I let my eyes flutter open only to see Charlie standing proud of himself at the end of my bed with a tray of all different types of food.
"I didn't know what you liked so I kinda went a bit over board..." He said happily but seemingly searching for my approval.
"Charlie this is amazing! But you didn't have to do all that for me."
"I kinda felt like I did. I mean," he starts rubbing the back of his neck, " you're starting to grow on me" he said with a slight smirk.
I just chuckled a bit and began eating. Sharing a bit of it with Ellen, since she has such a hard time eating on her own.