Chapter 14 - Decisions

As Sophie finished her long and upsetting story, Mark sat back against the wall and let out a long, deep sigh. What Sophie had told him was heartbreaking, and he was so surprised at how strong she was considering all she had been through. She was right about one thing though. He had no idea how he could help her solve the problems.

He realised she was looking at him, and he turned to face her. The pain in her eyes was clear, and she quickly averted her gaze. She stood and walked away from Mark, and rested her head against the opposite wall. Hearing movement behind her, she turned around, only to find Mark standing right infront of her. He rested his hands on the wall on either side of her, and looked down upon her face.

Sophie looked up at Mark, but was only able to hold her gaze for a few moments, before dropping her eyes and looking at her feet.

"Sophie..." Mark lifted her chin so she was looking at him, but she averted her gaze. Allowing her chin to drop, he took a step back "I'll...."but Sophie cut him off.

"It's alright. You don't have to explain. I expected this to happen. Me and my problems are too much for me to cope with, so I shouldn't expect anyone else to deal with it. I'm sorry we couldn't have met under better circumstances but...." This time it was Mark's turn to cut Sophie off.

"What on earth are you saying? I'm not going anywhere. There is no way anybody could stop me from sticking around now. You've had to deal with this on your own for long enough, you need someone to care for you too."

Stepping back towards Sophie, he lifted her chin once again, and placed a light kiss on her lips. Her eyes shone with tears, but this time the hopelessness was gone, replaced by a tiny flicker of hope. That flicker of hope ignited something within Mark, and as he looked at Sophie, a warmth seemed to spread through him, and he knew he would do anything to make her happy, and would want nothing more than for her to be a part of his life. A smile crept across his face, and seeing it, Sophie grinned a little too.

Maybe. Just maybe, there was hope for her yet.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Sorry for the short chapter guys. I was really using this as a filler, but I hope it is beginning to show you how much Sophie is going to mean to Mark, which will (hopefully, if my ideas work) be an important part later on. I hope you're enjoying the story. Please comment, vote and fan :) Yours in writing, Kxx