Chapter 3~ Hold The Imaginary Friends, Please

“ I think it would be alright for you girls to walk alone.” Jordy considerd.  “Okay. I would like that.” Mackie and Jordy seemed almost that they had a secret code, or something between the two. Julia noticed that it was like the nurse let her get away with almost anything. But than again,  she hadn’t seen anyone else.

    The two started walking. The room Julia had started out in, was just a beginning room. “It’s more sterilized.” Jordy had stated. The tour began close by where Julia woke up. Each patient had their own room.  They weren’t big, but comfy. There was a terrible carpet. It was a maroon gone bad. Julia could’ve sworn a blind guy made it.  They wall was a yellow.  It wasn’t bad, but it made Julia feel like a young child. It was made to be used in a baby room. It didn’t come close to matching the carpet. The window didn’t open. It also wasn’t glass. She tapped it about five times. Each time a little harder.  Julia Had a feeling some lunatic broke the galss to cut themselves…or at least break out. “Nice.” Mackie smiled.” “What?” Julia had a concerned look. “We’re connected.” “what?” Julia had not the slightest clue what this psycho was talking about. “See,” Mackie began,” There is one room then, “She paused and pointed.” See that door?”

Julia nodded.

“If you open it, there’s a bathroom, then another door. My room is the other one. Then a wall. The other side of mine isn’t connected to one.”

“Oh. But what if your in there? Or I am?” Curiosity was getting the best of her.

“There are stalls. Here, Follow me.”

They walked into the bathroom to see the walls were a green. It was like the yellow, again, made for a baby. The flooring was a plastic wood. On the right side, there were two stalls. They had some separation, but it could still get awkward. On the left side, there where two showers stood. The door swung open. It was rubbery. The shower rod was metal. It seemed to be the only metal thing. However, it didn’t move.

“Want to go meet some other kids?” Mackie’s question took her out of the zone. Noticing how all of the objects did not allow self injurious actions, made Julia think about what other kids did to make the adults worry.

“Yeah. Sounds great.” They walked back out into the hallway where the pictures where painted. “What is this?” Julia asked.

“The patients do it. After three weeks, they wait that long incase you have to leave, you paint the thing that inspires you. “

“Nice.” Julia hissed. “Um…Uh.”

“Yeah, Julia?”

“Never mind.”

“You had something to say.”

“Ask. And never mind.”

“How long have I been here?”

“Maybe.” Julia blushed.

“Three months.”

“Wow. That’s a long time.  Do you miss your family?”

“No. “She sighed. “They’re the reason I’m here!” She laughed.

“What!” Julia was in awe.

“I couldn’t take it anymore. They were…too much.” Mackie’s eyes scanned the wall as she spoke. “Oh!” She smiled. “Here’s mine. Look.”

Julia walked over and saw her new friends’ picture. The colors she used were extreme.  Swirls and swirls until there was a man. All black no face. His arms were up and he was holding the words simple. The dot for the I was replaced for a butterfly. It was golden and there was a trail of red glitter, like it was a flying pixie.