The Exchange Student

Dear Ann, I didn't really want to do this but since you are not answering my calls and also, just in case you haven't noticed, I've been messaging you since yesterday, I'm left with no choice but to just do this. Please stop ignoring me. One of your friends sent me the link of your previous confession and they've told me enough just so I could get a sense of what it is about since I don't really understand your dialect. And they told me that I would definitely find you here. 

I had a hard time figuring how to do this but there's nothing I would not do for you. And what I want to tell you is that I feel the same way towards you. But I just didn't want to push my luck and ruin our almost six years of friendship. I know this is not the right way to do this but you wouldn't talk to me and I have to tell you this now while I have the courage. 

This is my heart talking and I hope that you'll find the sincerity of my heart. I've been a coward. But I had no idea that I was already hurting you. But you have to know that I am hurting too. You've mentioned about the hug. I had no idea what got into me that time but all I knew was that I had to be close to you so I could realize my feelings. I could've kissed you right then but you didn't show any reaction so I thought I had better back off or I might lose you. What I didn't expect back then was that you'll have to leave eventually.

I've fallen in love for the first time yet I couldn't have you. I couldn't take the pain and I just couldn't imagine life without you. You are the sweetest girl I 've ever met and I want you to be always by my side. But I couldn't be so selfish so I kept my distance. I was at the airport that day you left but I decided not to make an appearance because I wasn't in control of my feelings that time and I knew I wouldn't let you go. 

I miss you. There's not a single day that you haven't crossed my mind. It's been six years but your face and all the memories we shared together are still fresh in my mind. And I want to tell you right here, right now that I love you. I always have and always will. And sorry if it took me this long before I had the courage to tell you this. Believe me, I've been meaning to and you're confession was the sign that I've been waiting for. 

I know you feel the same way about me so I'm just going to ask you straight out. Will you be my girlfriend? This may seem sudden. And I know this will make you really uncomfortable but you should've answered my calls. I think we've known each other very well over the years. And I want no other girl but you. I'm planning to visit next year for your graduation and I'm hoping that you'll go back to New York with me so you could attend my graduation too. Mom was thrilled when I told her about this. I had to ask you to be my girlfriend now so I'd have another question to ask when I see you. I miss you and I love you so much. I'll sleep with my phone just in case you call.