Wow it's Merome???

Short and sweet

Jerome's P.O.V:

Lachlan just had another shot, goddammit. I believe that brings his total to four now, and an infinite number of dabs to go along with it. I looked around the crowded club, people making out on the dancefloor, friends doing shots, and of course people like me, the ones who awkwardly stayed back and watched the action, because they were the designated sober drivers.

Lachlan told me he would drive tonight, that I could get wasted and forget about what happened with my old girlfriend. Not that I minded, I think being drunk would only make me feel worse. Then again, this wasn't the greatest use of my time either.

I stared at the DJ booth for a while, contemplating how much a little drink would impair my driving. Just as I was going to order something at the bar, a girl with wavy blonde hair started walking in my direction.

I didn't need to see her face, I could just feel my heart pick up pace, wanting to rush out of the room and hide in my car. I resisted, looking for a quick way out, she would see me any second now. I looked over to Lachlan, having a slurring conversation with a girl in 4 inch heels, yeah, I might be driving myself home tonight.

I started to panic, I couldn't let her see me like this, especially after she betrayed me. She got closer, turning her head towards me. As a last resort, I turned to the nearest person, a shortish dude wearing a plaid hoodie and quite literally said "I'll pay you fifty bucks to make out with me right now." He froze for a second, and I could see Louise slowly walking closer, looking at the two of us, an evil look in her sharp eyes.

The dude had barely said "Ok, sure," when I leaned forward to kiss him, accidentally knocking the red cup out of his hand. I ignored the spill, wrapping my arms around his neck. I tasted the sharp flavor of oranges, and I smiled to myself, this guy must be a real dork to be drinking orange juice at a party, or maybe he was a sober driver, like myself.

"What is it?" I heard him whisper in my ear, continuing to kiss me. He was slowly pushing me away from Louise, towards the wall. I didn't resist, as long as she saw me with someone else, that's what mattered,

"Nothing," I dismissed, "You're a pretty good kisser ya know," Oddly enough I was actually enjoying myself, indulging in his touch like chocolate.

"Oh. I've never been told that before, thanks?" He stuttered, breaking our kiss. I didn't want him to pull away though, not so soon.

"Well take my word for it," I replied, the tension between us feeling awkward, no longer caught up in the heat of the passionate moment.

"Oh, and by the way, you don't have to pay me for that," He looked at me, sounding completely serious.

"What?" I said, completely flustered at his words.

"My night has been completely awful, and somehow you made it better," He looked down at his hands before meeting my eyes once more. He had a playful smile on his face, stepping closer to me.

"Yeah, I agree completely," I smiled back at him.

"By the way, my name's Mitch," He held out his hand and I shook it.

"Jerome," I replied, not letting go of his hand. He didn't let go of mine either, so we stood there, staring into the other's eyes in a pleasant silence compared to the raging party around us.

"SUP BITCHES," Lachlan broke our handshake by barreling into us. He fell on the floor, wheezing, while Mitch and I stood there laughing at him.

"Is that your friend?" Mitch asked, smiling as he offered Lachlan help, "How are you, Lachlan?"

"Yeah, do you know him?" I asked, confused, assisting Mitch in lifting Lachlan up off the floor.

"We're roommates," Mitch replied casually, supporting Lachlan on his arm.

"Oh, well I'm one of his best friends," I smiled back, wondering how I hadn't met Mitch earlier.

"Are you the gay one?" Mitch smirked, winking at me.

"Maybe, you'll have to buy me a drink first," I laughed as we walked Lachlan out into the parking lot behind the club. Right before I got into my car, Mitch gave me a hug goodbye.

"I think I might," He smiled, waving at me as I drove Lachlan back to his parents house. When I took off my jacket at the door, a crumpled receipt fell to the floor at my feet. I unfurled it curiously, seeing a phone number written messily on it, a hastily scrabbled message accompanying it. 'To Jerome, you owe me 50 bucks one way or another ;)'