new blood-chapter nine-locked up

new blood

chapter 9: locked up

Nicks hand was stuck; the rope around his wrist was rapped around a chair that was bolted to the wall. He had given up his escape attempts quickly; trying to pull free was useless, painful and only wasted his energy. Lucy and Alex were trapped desperately shouting to be let out, there wouldn't be any reply but to nicks surprise the soldier who had dragged him here walked in. his appearance was clearer now in the bright storage rooms light. His face was long and covered in blood and his uniform was also damaged since he last saw it, the arm was ripped and blood was splattered on his honorary badge that was given to him by president himself.

The soldier looked at the three prisoners thoughtfully. "I'm sorry about this it wasn't my idea, I'm Chad". He had a clear American accent that would have belonged to most sergeants in the us.

Chad brought out some medical supplies from his backpack. He leant down to clean the wound on nicks head from the hair pulling but nick was prepared. He quickly kicked forward but Chad was ready grabbing his leg and throwing him to the floor.nick quickly kicked him with the other leg knocking Chad to the floor

A knife had fallen out of chads pocket. Nick stretched out his leg and pulled the knife to his hands. Chad wouldn't be out for long he had to act fast and began to slice the rope. It snapped in half after a few seconds. As Chad was about to get up nick grabbed his gun and held it to the soldiers head. "Your making a mistake" said Chad who was now standing upright." I was against locking you guys up they threatened to kill more people if I didn't help them, there crazy". Nick lowered his gun.

"You were going to bust us out weren't you?"

"Yeah, were the last sane people here but you have to stay locked up for now if they find out you escaped all hell will break loose and I'll be there number one suspect"

Nick sat down and tied himself up. Chad smiled "thanks, I'll come for you soon". The soldier grabbed his medical supplies and left.

Alex had been unbearably silent, nick knew something wrong. She turned to him and spoke for the first time since they were locked up. "Can we trust him?" she questioned.

For the first time since being locked up nick had no reply. He longer knew who he could trust. Alex was still looking at him waiting for some sort of clarification to ease her nerves. He could have lied to comfort her but what would be the point in that.

"To be honest I have no idea but he's our best hope of getting out of this room". Alex leaned back and closed her eyes hoping for a deep sleep to come but it was useless the wall was hard and cold, virtually unbearable as they had quickly learnt the hard way last night.

Chad emerged from the storage room. Dave caught sight of him and stepped in front of his path. "So what did they say?" he asked.

"It's Lucy, the girls the killer". He had lied but it would be the only way to protect the prisoners. Dave smiled. "Good your works done here". Dave whispered in a mans ear who came up behind him.

He smiled as the conversation with the man finished.

"Good news, matt here has decided that he'll do the deed".

"What deed?" asked Chad.

"He's going to burn the prisoners" replied Dave smiling menacingly.

"Why?" asked Chad surprised and shocked

Matt was a middle aged man, he had short brown hair and was overweight his eyes were red and bloodshot, he had been crying. He stood forward. "You remember the young brown haired that was stabbed in the chest yesterday". Chad nodded.