(2) The Beginning Of The Hunt

Ariel 🔝🔝🔝

* Gabriel   P.O.V

Waking up with a massive headache and a dizzy head, I closed my eyes trying to suppress all that hazy feeling but with no luck. Opening my eyes again for a moment I didn't know where I am, looking around again I remembered everything that happened at the restaurant yesterday, fighting the Italians, the shooting, the stab. Everything rushed to my head quickly making my headache unbearable.

I groaned in frustration but froze when I saw Her sleeping on a small chair. The girl that saved my life that night, she looked so small, so fragile, so naive and so fucking stupid to do what she had done. How could she be so stupid to help a total stranger like me and put her life in danger, she could have been hurt, hell she could be killed.

I stood up, walked slowly towards her, and just thought about everything again, she saved my ass, but does she really don't know who I am?

Why did she help me in the first place?

Does she want anything from me?

I breathed a couple of times to regain some of my strength and held her in my hands and headed back to her bed, she mumbled something I couldn't hear what it was and I froze for a second thinking that she woke but she just snuggled closer and drifted back to sleep. I put her slowly in her bed and just looked at her sleeping face, her face was so delicate and smooth, so angelic, a button-like nose, high cheekbones, plump lips, but the most impressive thing about her is her big sky blue doe eyes, they are mesmerizing, all this surrounded by long curly hair. Even though her body was small, she has an amazing figure with caramel-colored skin.

Snapping out of it I straightened myself grunting when I felt the sting of my stitches I pushed a strand of her hair aside and whispered " Even though you don't know who I am, you helped me today so I owe you little one, I'll never forget what you did, EVER. "

I left the room and headed downstairs, I stood behind a window on the first floor and looked around carefully for anyone who might be watching or might have followed us and when I was sure that there was no one I got out, taking a taxi I headed to the mansion, the pain and exhaustion were killing me, but I know I need to go back to show everyone that I'm alive, my men must be agitated.

As I took the first step inside I found everyone was standing nervously, my brother was pacing the foyer, Leo was shouting at someone on the phone and all my men were looking worried. When they spotted me all of them advanced.

" Where the fuck have you been Gabriel? After the shooting no one saw you we looked everywhere, we found your phone in an alley, what the fuck just happened? " Leo shouted furiously at me.

" Jesus Gabe, are you OK? What happened? " my brother asked me concerned while helping me to sit.

" I'm fine Michael. Nothing serious I'm ok."

" Are you fuckin kidding me Cerebrus? What just happened in that damn restaurant wasn't serious!? There were four dead men, and you just magically disappeared. I thought someone took you. " Leo said fuming.

" Don't forget your place, Leonidas. Don't use that tone with me." I snarled at him, no one disrespects me whoever he is, even if it's my right hand and my best friend.

All my men, even my brother flinched and took a step back, cause they know what I do when I get pissed.

Leo sighed and pinched his temples " I'm sorry, but I was worried about you, no one knew what happened and you disappeared after the fight, you didn't take any men with you, I was fuckin worried man, I thought........ I thought you were dead." he collapsed on a chair next to mine.