Chapter 1

It’s only around 4pm and the sky has already turned into a black blanket filled with stars.  In the city, pretty lights are everywhere.  People are shopping for their Christmas presents and Christmas carols are being played in every store.  There are even some kids ice skating on the big fountain at the mini park.  Near the shops, there’s a huge circle where some people sell Christmas related stuff.  Sophie is on her way there to do some early Christmas shopping.  As she walks by she notices a group of people forming a circle around something or someone.  There’s music too if you listen close.  Filled with curiosity, Sophie takes a peak and sees a man, a half bald man to be precise.  You know when a man has hair on the sides but not in the middle?  He’s like that.  He has a guitar too.  There’s also a camera?  Now Sophie is getting more curious.  But what made her more curious was not what was going on but the fact that there’s a boy there.  He’s about her age maybe a year younger or so.  He wears these patched jeans, a pair of boots, black jacket and a green hat.  Oh!  He’s holding a guitar too.  ”He looks quite familiar.” Sophie thought.  ”Probably just some singer I saw on TV, there is camera after all.  Ah!  The bald man is a TV show host.  I’ve seen him on TV before.”

”Hi miss, would you like to donate some money to stop Malaria?” a lady approached Sophie with a smile.

”Uhm...sure.” Sophie replied trying to find her wallet. ”Here!” she gladly said while handing the lady a 50 swedish crowns bill.

”Thank you so much!  You can request for a song if you want.”

”Oh!  Now I get it!” Sophie thought.

The younger boy comes to her and with a smile he asked her ”Hello! What do you want me to play?”

”Uhm...I can’t really think of any song right now.  Play anything I might like?”

The boy started singing a song Sophie has never heard before.

”’I will die someday.  Right now it feels quite far away’ that’s quite a weird start for a song.” she thought while listening.  But she likes how it sounds.

”Ah!” the boy screamed.  ”Sorry it’s really cold and my fingers hurt.” he apologizes.

”It’s okay.  What’s that song?  I never heard it before but I like it.” Sophie asked.

”You like it?  Really? Thanks! I wrote that song.  It’s called Life.”

”Oh! How nice.”

The lady who asked Sophie for donation came and asked the boy to sing another song with the bald man.  As the the boy and the man play a song, Sophie digs into her bag trying to find a paper and a pen.  She doesn’t really have a clue who the boy is but if he is a star on a making, she better get an autograph.  Besides, she does think the boy make some awesome music and a good singer too.  So when she got the chance, she came near him again and asked for an autograph.

”Hi again!  Can I have your autograph?” she asked as she hand him her notebook and pen.

”Sure.” the boy took the pen and notebook and started writing.

Sophie realizes that the boy is not writing anything.  He’s kind of drawing something.  Something invisible?

”Oh! It’s not working?” she panicked and grabbed the pen from the boy.

The boy grabbed the pen back and said ”Hey it’s starting to work!”.  He then continued to write his autograph.

”Thanks!” the girl smiled to the boy as she takes back her notebook and her almost-not working pen.  ”Ulrik Munther...” she read and giggled when she remembers about the pen grabbing that just happened.

A phone is ringing.

”Hello mom!” Sophie answered. ”Yeah...Okay...Sure...more? No? Okay see you mom.”

The lady, the camera man, the half bald man and Ulrik just finished gathering some donations and are heading back to their ”station”.  Ulrik is looking around while walking.  It looks like he’s  finding someone.  ”She went already...” he frowned. ”She looks really familiar.  I wish I could’ve asked for her name.”

----------------

Just before Sophie goes to bed she turns on her computer, puts some music on and starts writing.  It’s is one of her hobbies.  She never finishes a story though.  Her dream is that someday her stories will be finished, be published and hopefully get lots of readers.  She’s typing and backspacing and typing and backspacing...typing and backspacing.  Yeah you get the idea.  It’s kind of like writing and crumpling the paper then throwing it thousands of times.  Only no tree is being harmed in the process, if you know what I mean.  She’s just not inspired but really desperate to write something.  She gets her notebook to look for ideas that she has written before.  She randomly opened the notebook and landed on the page where it says ”=) Ulrik Munther”.  She smiles and the next thing she knew she’s on google typing the boy’s name on the search bar.

”Winner of Music Grand Prix?...Nordics too?! Woah!  No wonder he’s good.” Sophie said with astonishment.

From that moment, Sophie knew she was about to become a fan.  But months has gone and no new songs has been released and no gigs near her place either.  Just when she’s about to lose hope of meeting Ulrik again.  She sees a huge sign.