The Fog

It was a desolate foggy night. I could barely see twelve feet in front of me. The highway to the east of me was filling the night with it usual endless noise. It seemed less urgent tonight, less rush to get somewhere. It's funny how a simple change in weather causes everyone to change with it. I walked forward a few steps. I heard something rustle behind me, I turned to see but to no avail, I couldn't see anything behind. My skin began to crawl, my imagination ran wild. I continued walking. Again I heard something or was that the blood pounding in my ears I couldn't tell anymore. Terrified I continued walking, toward the highway, toward safety. Suddenly it grabbed me, a cold metallic blade hit my throat, clean and precise the blade sliced my throat pain and shock hit me in a smothering wave. All i could think my need to escape. Clutching my throat which was now gushing warm sticky blood I headed for safety. I stumbled onto the black asphalt of the well worn highway, horns blared it was a deafening noise, chaos ensued I couldn't hear or see anymore. Something suddenly crashed into my already dying body causing me to collapse on the ground. I was surrounded by darkness and then it was all over.

Don't be silent readers
Please comment and tell me what you think