Prologue-

Hey guys, here is a new story for you, it was written by me and by best friend Amber Leigh Marie who is a fantastic writer. Really hope you like the idea. 

______________________________________________________________________________

"Phillip Marshall," the voice of an authoritive man called.

The Lycan Detection Agent's voice was tedious as they had repeated this procedure more than once. Boredom dripped from every word he spoke and Phillip knew that they were professionals as only they would be so casual about something. This made Phillip gulp; he had never been so scared in his life. 

"Come out with you hands up or we will be forced to come in," the team leader's voice boomed through the speaker phone and echoed into Phillips ears.

            Phillip cursed under his breath in a slippery tone. His wife was upstairs carefully wrapping their new born child in a fresh blanket. Phillip knew that if he put one foot outside they would start to shoot him dead. The word dead echoed in his mind like a curse. They wouldn't hesitate on the trigger because they knew his secret. They were werewolves.

          The country hadn't taken kind to the fact that the human population lived alongside werewolves. The government had sent out teams to execute everyone suspected of being a werewolf even if they weren't. It was like the 1700 witch trials were repeating themselves. Phillip's wife slowly descended the stairs, clutching her baby to her chest protectively. Her cheeks held fresh tear tracks, her eyes puffy from hours of crying from happiness until she herd the LDA. Their daughter was asleep and seemingly unaware of her parent's death sentence. The girl yawned and opened her clear blue eyes. She smiled at her father and giggled when he bent to kiss her forehead.  Her giggle reminded Phillip that he would never see her grow up and caused a single tear to run down his face.

"Take her to the safe house, it's our only option," his wife instructed him.

           She gently placed her hand on his cheek and softly smiled.

"I love you," she whispered.

"I love you too."

           Phillip embraced his wife and kissed her for the final time and it sparked a series of emotions to course through his body.

"How do I look?" she asked, referring to the first time they met.

"Like an angel," he replied as he gave her a final peck on the cheek.

           Phillip crouched on the floor and called to the wolf within. In a matter of seconds he stood on four paws and with a coat of fur. Phillip nudged his elongated muzzle against his wife's leg as she fondly patted his head.

"Phillip Marshall, come out with your hands up," the team leader called again.

"Go," his wife whispered through thick tears.

          The wolf nodded as she placed their daughter in a basket. He took the woven basket's handles in his mouth whilst their baby slept peacefully. His wife turned and headed outside, the bitter breeze biting at her cheeks. Philip was already halfway up the banking upwards into the woodland at the back of their house. He stopped at the tree line to look back. He wished he hadn't, that thought would haunt him for however long he might live for.  

          His beloved wife lay dead in a puddle of her own crimson blood. The wolf wined in sorrow for his mate.

"There he is!" shouted one of the FBI team members.

          Bullets flew past him, one of them nipped his ear and blood matted his fur as the wound drew fresh blood. He winced as it stung but forgot it and raced further into the trees. His eyes were set on the location of the safe house, he made no effort in avoiding falling branches and leaping over growing roots.  Helicopters cut through the air above the tree tops. The fear that built up inside of Phillip made him run faster, it urged him more. He heard men pushing through bushes and low hanging branches behind him and knew that he had to pick the pace up. More bullets tore up the ground where his paws had left just seconds ago.

          The human men weren't as fast or as nimble as the wolf but he was outnumbered. Ahead of him he could hear more men, their footsteps were heavy as they trudged towards him and his child. A small burrow caught the wolf's eye and he stopped. He laid the basket in the burrows entrance and he pulled dead branches over the basket. He knew he couldn't have gotten to the safe house and he wouldn't risk the life of his daughter. The wolf tested the air and knew he couldn't survive for any longer. He closed his eyes then bolted in the opposite direction of his daughter in hope of saving her.

          The humans were closing in. Another bullet hit his left paw. He limped into a thicket and whined a goodbye to his daughter and his lost love. He prayed they wouldn't find her and that somehow she'd be okay.

          Phillip Marshall lay dead in the leaf litter as a final bullet took away the life he never had. 

___________________________________________________________

Really hope you enjoyed this, please vote and comment to let me get an idea of the number of readers.

Hope you love the idea.

Read

Vote

Comment

Fan

Thanks

Naomi