The Charmed One

What do you do when everything seems already mapped out for your life? Do you let the chips fall will they may or do you decide to take your life in your own hands? This was a choice I had to make. Making my life my own. Sure, there's going to be bumps along the way, but what is life without a few bumps? Every day since finding out I was a goddess, it's been a battle. A battle of myself and a battle for love. Often we find ourselves having to make the choices we believe are right for ourselves. Sometimes we have to find out things the hard way. This was going to have to be one of those times where I would learn from my mistakes. After what happened today, I would say I have a lot to learn. 

Today was the day I found out exactly what I was capable of and it was nothing short of  miraculous. It was like watching someone else do everything I was doing in a very fast motion movie. The fire I set to Alexandria, catching Ian as he almost fell to his true death, then saving Alex and Zack, that just wasn't something I knew I was capable of. Standing on the beach as Zack proclaims that I'm his hero, wasn't something I was sure that I could handle. There was no part of me that wanted to be anyone's hero, but today, that choice wasn't an option. 

As I stood on the sandy shores, watching everyone around me, this feeling of warmth grew inside of me. Never in my wildest dreams I had thought that I was capable of being the one they all looked for guidance in, but this was who I had become. This all began such a short time ago it seems, yet with time, the truths were being revealed faster and faster. The truth was, I was the daughter of Hera and Poseidon, and that was going to be a test all in it self. There was no way of knowing who really knew who I was. Soon we would find out how Zeus felt about this. It seemed to be a good idea that we start the war, but as I stood there, I questioned every detail to this day. Had I been wrong in wanting a war, had I been wrong to start this just because of my past? It didn't matter now, the damage was done, and the war was started. 

My father would never understand who I was or why I did this, and my mother was never going to relate to a child whom she didn't raise. The truth was, the lies had set all this into motion, and the fate of everyone's life was now being held in my hands. The burden was heavy as I strolled on the beach making my way back to the mansion. There was no one to confide in anymore because my life had now become someone else's. This girl who I used to be, she was gone, it was hard to see any part of her anymore. All I had ever wanted was answers, and all that was ever answered was lies upon lies. 

When you fall from grace, what exactly does that mean? These words had been thrown around the past couple of weeks. I wasn't sure if it meant that I had or if I was doomed to an eternity of hell so to speak. By no means, was I an angel, and by no means, did I fully comprehend being a goddess of this magnitude either. There was so many emotions that ran through my mind and heart on a daily basis, it was hard to figure out what was real and fake anymore. This war was all because our parents wanted to be in charge. I wasn't even sure I wanted to be in charge, I just wanted some kind of peace back in my life.