Chapter Five; Haunted Houses

"I just can't believe he was being so nice to you! Mendes isn't nice to anybody except chase and maybe me but that's only sometimes!" Claire hits me jokingly and I laugh.

"I'm just an easy person to get along with" I shrug .

She spits out her drink.

"No your not! You called Luke a dick at the party and hit him in his nard's and then you called Mendes an asshole the entire day you met him" she burst out laughing .

"Okay that definitely did happen" I laugh with her. Chase sits down and immediately puts his arm around Claire who snuggles up close to him.

"Did Claire tell you about my party tonight?"

"No , thanks Claire" I say sarcastically and she smacks my arm

"I forgot!" She shrugs and sets her drink down on the table.

"Okay well every couple of weeks after the football game all the guys go to this pizza place called Lake Sides. We all get pizza and then we head over to my parents camp and play a game of hide and seek in the dark. It's pretty lit" chase explains enthusiastically and I nod.

"I'll be there" I smile and so does Claire.

"We can totally get ready together and I'll drive us up there!"

"Perfect" I agree and smile .

We carry on the rest of the school day as normal and when it ends I head back to Claire's house..

"Shawn doesn't seem like a bad person, he's been pretty open with me for the most part" I tell Claire honestly . She looks at me and smirks.

"You guys are on a first name basis? He never lets anyone call him Shawn ! Maybe chase and that's only sometimes" she sits down on her bed. We are picking out outfits for tonight.

"He Doesn't really seem to mind all that much" I shrug and so does she.

"My brother is coming tonight. His names Jackson. He's a junior" I tell Claire and she smiles

"I didn't know you had a brother" she picks through her closet and pulls out a couple of shirts and jean shorts

"Yeah, you'll like him. He's like me but with guy parts" I laugh .

"So he's feisty?" She ask and I nod "yeah he's feisty"

We both decide to wear a cute romper with sandals so we matched. I left my wavy hair down and made a braid out of my bangs.

We decide on taking Claire's car up to the football stadium. Instead of mine which I'm glad about. I'm sick of driving.

We pull into the parking lot and see Shawn and Chase sitting in the back of Chase's truck. Shawn fist pounds chase and they both laugh. You can see how white his teeth are from here. His smile is one you would want to see everyday. It's the kind of smile that makes you want to smile just because .

"Do you guys wanna skip the game and just go get pizza?" Shawn ask as soon as he sees us walk into view . Everyone nods except Claire who looks sad.

"Oh come on guys this is the last game before homecoming next week! I wanna see who gets queen and king" Claire groans.

Shawn rolls his eyes "oh come on princess it's gonna be no one we talk to"

"Your right, it's probably gonna be one of your blonde bimbo's" Claire flips him off and he laughs covering a hand over his chest like her words wounded him.

"Wouldn't doubt it. I heard Amber Cheskey was having sex with people for votes" chase chimes in and I laugh.

"That is just sad"

"She got my vote" Shawn smirks and Claire hits him .

"Your so gross Mendes !" She hits him again and again. Chase finally pulls her away, her fist are balled up..

"Now who's feisty?" I ask and Claire groans again.

"He's just nasty ! Who has sex with someone for votes? , gross!"

Shawn ignores her comment.

"Chase go ride with Claire I'll drive Stella up in your truck. Let's just order the pizza and take it up to your Lake house" Shawn holds his hands open and chase throws him the keys .

Claire looks at me and smirks as she waves goodbye . Chase and Claire leave inside Claire's Honda and I flip them off as they drive by jokingly .

"Let's go Collins" Shawn shuts the truck gate and hops into the driver side. I follow him and sit inside the passengers seat.

We enjoy a quiet ride up to Chase's lake house . Shawn hums to the music every now and again but he never gets loud enough to the point he actually sings which disappoints me. I want to hear is voice. It's amazing. I can't help but to just watch his jaw tighten up and the vein in his neck slightly pop. It's way too attractive for his own good.

"what are you staring at Stella" Shawn ask slightly annoyed . He turns down the radio and stops humming altogether . I turn my head away from him and instead I look out the window but I keep quiet.

"We're here" he says after a few more minutes of silence . "Open the tailgate there's solo cups and chips and some other random shit in their that needs to go inside"

"What are you grabbing?" I ask sarcastically as I pile all of the party things into my arms.

"My guitar" he pulls his guitar out of the backseat . I didn't even realize it was there until he pulled it out.

"Are you gonna sing tonight?" I question , he keeps a straight face.

"I'm thinking about it" he says after a few seconds

"I thought you keep your personal life private" I joke .

"Yeah well chase and Claire are mostly apart of my person life . They know almost everything" he shuts the door and we head into the house. Chase and Claire aren't here yet. They are still picking up the pizza from Lake Sides .

"So they know you sing , but they don't know you play hockey?" I question and he shakes his head.

"They know I sing and they know I play hockey. I just don't like when people know certain things. You don't need to worry about it because you don't need to know either" he says harshly. Just as I felt we were starting to take a step forward we took two steps back.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to pry"

"Yeah well you do a pretty good job at prying" he slams the front door shut behind us.

"Okay look, I was thinking about quitting hockey. That's why I was talking to your dad. He talked me out of it and said I still have a pretty good chance at a scholarship and that's why I decided to stay on the team. Chase would have killed me if I would have quit. It's the only thing I have going for me"

"Other than your voice?"

"What"? He questions and shakes his head confused.

"Hockey isn't the only thing you have going for yourself. You have your voice, it's amazing" I express

"Yeah I kinda ruined that whole stage in my life. I only sing for fun now"

"Your confusing me.. what do you mean you only sing for fun now?"

"Just drop it Stella it's in the past. Just know I only sing for fun now and it's only gonna be In front of chase and Claire" he finishes.

"And me" I add

"Yes and you" and groans