Chapter 2

Tears of a fallen demon 2

“Wake up you dipshit!” Genkai roared from outside of my room banging on the door, “The competitors are here and I don’t intend to go out while you sleep away”

“It’s not like I’d want to miss anything!” I growled crawling out of bed running a hand through my pink hair

“Well hurry your ass up!”

“I’m coming already you old hag! Don’t get your nickers in a twist!” Walking out of the guest room that was given to me, I laid eyes on Genkai, wearing her normal outfit with her red Chinese styled fighting dress, white pants and shirt under it and her odd looking hat that said master in kanji. “Are we going to get this competition started now?” I asked smoothing out my black top.

“Yes now come, let’s greet our guests” Genkai turned towards the main entrance and started walking.

Leaving the temple a gust of warm crisp air flooded my senses. In the front courtyard dozens of men ranging from all shapes and sizes. “Oh this is a big crowd! How are you going to thin it out?” I asked Genkai as the men in front of us started murmuring when we made our appearance

“The first test is…” Genkai started her voice strong and loud catching the attention of all participants. Everyone took a breath of anticipation, “…The drawing of lots.”

From the crowds I heard shouts of outrage and confusion, “What’s drawing lots going to do?” I heard someone ask

Glancing over at Genkai I saw a pot full of papers sitting next to her, “Each of you will take an envelope from this jar” Genkai instructed. After ten minutes everyone had an envelope and the pinkette continued, “Everyone got one? Good. Open them please. If there’s a piece of red paper inside, you’ve passed. Those who passed follow me. Everyone else, you’re excused.”

“Just a minute there!” a gruff voice growled. Standing in front of Genkai and me were two large and bulky men, “We’re famous spiritualists from Kyushu! We didn’t come all this way to get turned away like this!”

“What are you going to do?” I smirked at the men who towered over me, “Try to step on me and granny?” The men twitched in annoyance at my comment, “Cause I doubt there is much you can do to hurt us.”

“Oh?” the man with a bald head and a face covered with scars asked, “And what can you do to us? You look so fragile and weak”

“What was that?” I asked my blue-green eyes narrowing dangerously at the mule like men who were too weak to even change Genkai’s spirit paper red. “You think I look weak?” tilting my head over to Genkai she gave me a nod, but before I could do anything she began to speak,

“You two fools should have left quietly” She shook she head at the foolish human

“Why’s that?” scars asked

A knowing smirk found its way onto Genkai’s wrinkled face, “You would have saved face. You two are phonies, go home before you anger my son to the point that I can’t even control him.”

“The great Genkai has a hard time controlling a small and pathetic looking boy?!” The men started to laugh hysterically, “You must be joking!”

Clenching my fists I felt my nails digging into my palm drawing a small amount of blood. Looking up I sent the idiotic duo a freezing glare, “You think I’m weak? That’s a laugh; I could take you out with even touching your filthy human flesh.”

“Human flesh?”

“You guys really are pathetic if you can’t sense a demon when ones right in front of you.” Before I said I was a demon that rather enjoy watching chaos from the sidelines, well there is an exception to that statement. And that’s when I get called the cursed word weak. I was anything but, and people needed to start realizing that otherwise lots of heads would roll. Smirking at the buffoons I began to charge my right hand with electricity. Small sparks started falling from my palm and it became obvious that I was serious about blowing the men away.

“What?!” the men shouted, their eyes widening in disbelief as they saw the fate that was going to fall upon them.

“Fair well” With those parting words I held up my right hand that was charged up and released the pent up electricity, striking the men and causing them to fly back without having our skin even touching.

“What fools” Genkai sighed shaking her head as all the men in the crowd murmured and looked at me with a new emotion in their eyes. Turning her back to the competitors Genkai shouted with great force, “Let’s move on! Follow me if you’re man enough!”

“I don’t know granny” I smirked running a hand casually through my hair, “I don’t really think being a man is what they need to focus on to win this competition.”

“Then what do they need to do?” Genkai raised a graying eyebrow in question

“I’m not sure, but I doubt being a man will be their biggest problem. I mean it’s you they’re up against.”

“Too true.”