Chapter 1

~Rachel's P.O.V.~

"I'm sorry baby I just can't help myself." Marshall laughs, holding me from behind and planing kisses on my neck. "It's hardly ever just us in the house."

"Lola's coming back tonight, you know." I giggle, shifting against him. "We have to stop asking Thatcher to watch her."

"She asked to have a sleepover there, remember?" He laughs, turning me around and letting his hands roam free. "I swear she likes him more than me."

"Oh shut up she loves you." I tell him, pressing a kiss to his lips. "You're all she ever talks about when you're gone."

"I'm gonna be around more now baby." He nods, moving a piece of hair from my face. "I hate being away."

"I know you do." I nod, kissing him again.

I pull away lightly but he shoves his lips back against mine. He backs us up against the wall and begins feeling everywhere and anywhere he can. I run my hands up his chest and throw my arms around his neck. His hands slide up underneath my shirt and he leans his hips into me. I go to take his shirt off but we're both cut off by the doorbell.

"So close." He whines, releasing me and putting my shirt back in place. "She's been cock blocking since before she was born."

"Don't act all deprived." I joke, laughing. "You have been so needy since you got back."

"I'm needy all the time." He laughs too, walking towards the door. "If you don't want me to have sex with you anymore then just tell me. You know, abstinence."

"Shut up." I laugh.

He opens the door and Thatcher stands with Lola on the other side.

"Daddy!" She runs right into his legs and he picks her up.

"Hi baby." He says, stepping aside so Thatcher can walk in. "Did you have fun at Uncle Thatch's house?"

"Mhm." She nods her head a few times.

"Thank you for watching her." I tell Thatch, taking Lola's bag from him.

"It's no problem Rach." He says, flashing half of a smile at me. "You know I love her."

We all stand in the living room in a very awkward silence for a few moments. Thatcher scratches the back of his head with one hand. His teeth are gnawing nervously on his bottom lip. Something's up.

"Daddy Uncle Cash took me to the park." Lola breaks the silence and then continues to explain all the details of her overnight to Marshall.

"Walk me out?" Thatcher proposes, and I nod.

I give Lola a kiss on the cheek and Marshall secretively taps my butt on my way out. Thatcher and I walk down the steps and the long driveway. Once we get out to his car and we're out of earshot of the house Thatcher turns to me. The look on his face somehow gives it all away. He looks rather disoriented, but mostly sad.

"Is it what I think it is?" I ask him quietly.

This seems to trigger his tears, and he shuts his eyes for a minute. Silently water rains from his eyes and rolls down his cheeks.

"How bad is it?" I ask.

"Stage three. In his pancreas. It's more aggressive this time." Thatcher mumbles, trying not to choke on his words. "I just don't understand. They said he was in remission-"

He cuts himself off and starts to cry even more. I furrow my brow a little and pull him into a hug. We hug for a good long time until he's able to calm himself down.