chapter two

sorry for the wait

but heres the new chapter

hope you like it

Chapter two

Velia didn’t know how long she had stood there for, but she was suddenly pulled from her thoughts when a strong hand landed on her shoulder.

She jumped, and turned to find Varick glaring down at her, with a rather worried Mina behind him.

“WHAT DID YOU DO TO KAI?!” he yelled.

“Varick, calm down.”

“No I won’t calm down, Velia! My best friend is about to go on a dangerous mission that could kill him. And he looks like he’s just lost the most important thing in the world to him. And what does he say when I ask him? ‘Ask Velia?’ So tell me, WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU DONE?!”

“Varick.” Mina whispered, placing her hand on his arm.

He looked down at her hand, then her face and sighed. “I’m sorry. It’s just…”

“I know. Velia, look I know how you feel about Kai. Don’t try to deny it; I can see it in your eyes when you look at him.”

“How?” she whispered.

“Because, I used to have that look remember?” Mina said as she gazed at her future husband.

Varick pulled her into his arms and kissed her forehead. Ever since he recovered from being feral, he was never far from Mina. You could tell that he was in a constant struggle to never go back to that dark time.

Suddenly Velia had a thought. “Varick, why can’t you go with Kai? It’s too dangerous for him to go on his own.”

A sudden flash of pure fear shot through both Mina and Varick’s eyes.

“Princess, he cant go. Not only did your father order only Kai to go on this mission. But I wont let Varick go. Even if he wasn’t going to be marrying me soon, I wouldn’t let him go because it would kill me when he was gone.” Mina said tears in her voice.

“How do you think I’m going to be feeling then? He’s going to be out there on his own, thinking that I hate him!”

“Well, then tell him how you feel before he leaves.” Mina told her.

“I can’t. He thinks that I hate him. That I only tolerate him because of Varick. How can I tell him that I only said that because I was afraid? He wont believe that.”

“OH, FOR GOODNESS SAKE! DON’T TELL HIM THEN! LET HIM GO OUT ON THIS MISSION, WITHOUT KNOWING THAT YOU LOVE HIM! I DON’T CARE ANYMORE!” Varick yelled, and stalked off.

Mina watch as Varick stalked off.

Sighing, she turned to Velia, who looked close to breaking point.

“What do I do, Mina? I can’t tell him. But I cant bare for him to go on this mission!” she sounded so sad and torn that it almost broke Mina’s heart.

“Velia you have to do what you think is right. No amount of self pity will help in this. And he has already promised your father that he will go. He’s hurting at the moment, at a loss. He’s felt for you for so long and then he see’s you with Ulrick, it pained him in a way that you cant imagine. He feels as if loving you is a waste of time, where he will just end up getting hurt. He doesn’t want to wait around for you to choose Ulrick and rip his heart to shreds in the progress. I know as if you cant tell him, but if you don’t then you might loose him. And I know that you don’t want to do that.”