Chapter Three

Raven awoke to the rumbling and screeches of the train going against the railroad. She sat up and her head spun, the sudden movment making her dizzy. She quickly looked over to where she had last seen her parents and they sat awake, staring at her with eyes filled with disapointment. What did she do wrong? She pushed it past her as she crawled over to her parents. "Mother? Father?" She cried out.

  Her mother took one disaproving look at her and her face softened but hardened at the next jolt of the train. "We warned you.." She mumbled.

  Raven looked desperatly at her father for an explination. She had no idea what was going on and her mother could barley even stand to look at her. What did she do, oh, what did she do? She stared at her father, her face growing sad as he just shook his head.

  Raven filled with rage and hatred at her parents. "I haven't a clue what I did wrong but one thing I do know is that you to are not my parents! No matter what a child did, their parents would always love and forgive them but you cannot even dare a look at me! You obviously are not my parents and if you are, then thank you for showing me that you never cared in the first place!" Raven spat.

  Her mother wailed out in a sob, curling up in her fathers firm arms but he just pushed her away and nodded. "She is right, you know." He said to her mother.

  She looked up at him, eyes cold with hate and filled with sadness. "I guess so." She whispered.

  Finally they looked up at her as one. They searched her over for any marks of punishment but found none. They both sighed in relief and hugged their daughter protectivly.

  "Now could someone please explain what is going on" Raven asked, her voice broken with desperation. Her father's eyes showed forgivness but her mother's eyes still were black with cold, pure hate. Raven averted her eyes away from her mother and looked back towards her father who sighed slightly to himself.

  "We had always warned you that your magic would get us in trouble. In the forest we went to get you but couldn't find you and went to the hiding area of the woods when we became under attack. We would have been completley fine if it wasn't for the bursting of those magic purple flames of yours. They called the animals and the humans followed. Plus, soilders nearby were attracted by the light. It was your magic that got us captured." Her father spoke softly.

  As her father spoke, her mother wouldn't dare look at her daughter and Raven was happy she didn't. She was never very fond of her mother but she still could not bear to look at those hateful, beady eyes that she wore.

  Raven sighed. Now she understood why her mother was acting so coldly to her. She had acted shamefully to her parents and ancestors. If it were in any other situation, she would have been brutaly punished. Enslavement was her current punishment. And it didn't settle well with Raven. She would get them out, she would not let her parents suffer for her stupidity. But it wasn't her fault was it? She didn't know the tribe was under attack, but then again if another tribe member saw her they all would still have been burned at the stake.

  Raven rested her head in her hands, biting her lip so she would not cry out. "I am so sorry.." she whispered quietly. Her father nodded to her in reply but her mother looked at her, and looked back away, eyes pained.  Raven leaned back against the wall of the trrain and clossed her eyes.

  After a few minutes the train lurched and stopped in a loud SCREECH! In the next few moments, five large men yanked open the door to their part of the train and brutally pulled them out, one by one. Raven tried to pull against them in panic and screamed. She was soon thrown onto the ground where she was whipped, the cracking sound echoing in her ears.

  After a few more blows she was pulled up off of the ground and set into a line with her parents and others to a large warehouse. She could hear the cries of childeren and from those who were being beaten or raped. Raven swallowed hard, trying to stop the bile rising in her throat.

 Raven had a power that only special nekos had. It was extremly rare. Her parents had not a clue of her ability, for she kept it a secret. She could go into peopes hearts and minds. She could see the desires, temptations, feelings, and thoughts of any given person. Along with this she had visions. Visions so clear and vivid they made her head spin. That was what was happening right now.

 As she reached closer to the warehouse images of pain and rape filled her head. The feeling of hard labor and your rights being stripped from you deep in her bones. She could smell blood, bile, urine, tears, sweat, and other scents she never wanted to discover. Raven shuddered, shaking away the images.

  Her head spun wildly and she nearly lost balance when they walked into the warehouse. The scents were all there, all so strong. She clutched her head trying to make the room stop spinning as she was led into a large room.

  "Now, let the testing begin." A gruff voice said from the shadows in the back of the room.