Part 6 - Unexpected Visitor

It has been a few months since I moved into Shell Cottage

It has been a few months since I moved into Shell Cottage. Ginny went back to Hogwarts, Fred and George visit but not often enough as they are often busy on with things for the order or for their shop. It gets a bit lonely. But I'm getting through each day as it comes. I usually go for a walk in the morning just to get out of the cottage for a bit and get some fresh air. Fleur joins sometimes but I prefer when she doesn't. I find it easier to think when I walk along the cliff the cottage stands on and look out at the ocean and wonder what life would be like. What Harry, Ron and Hermione are doing? Are they safe? We haven't heard anything since they broke into the ministry. I am worried. They never really told anyone what they were doing. Always snuck off to a quiet corner and spoke in hushed tones for months leading up to their disappearance. But none of them ever told me.

I was walking back towards the cottage feeling the chill in the air become too much and began to rub my growing belly. I felt as it got bigger that Draco was with me even more. I felt closer to him somehow more than our exchanged letters ever cou- My thoughts became interrupted when I heard the sound of apparition behind me. I grabbed my wand from my pocket and spun around on my feet in the direction of the distinctive popping noise.

What shocked me was Ron standing there alone. My thoughts went into overdrive and my instincts thought this odd why would Ron be here alone. Where was Harry and Hermione and why weren't they together.

"Ron, what are you doing here?" I ask thinking of something only he would know. Thankful for wearing a large jumper so my bump wasn't exposed.

"I am an idiot." Was his reply. He seemed angry. Not unusual for him though. But I wasn't completely sure that it was him. Everybody knew he had a temper.

"If you are Ron then answer this; What happened down by the pond last summer the day before the train left for Hogwarts?" Confident only he would know.

"Really Ari," I just looked at him expecting an answer. He sighed, "I told you I liked you and went to kiss you but you punched me in the face." He spoke whilst rubbing his face.

It is him. But that really wasn't a comfort. Where was Harry? Hermione? Why weren't they all together? Did something happen?

"Ron, why are you here?" I asked hoping for anything that wasn't bad.

"I left." I spoke so quietly I almost didn't hear him. ALMOST.

"WHAT! IN THE BLOODY HELL DID YOU DO THAT FOR! ABANDONING THEM ON YOUR TOP SECRET MISSION! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!" My shouting must have been loud as Bill came running out wand shouting 'what's wrong' obviously panicking something or someone was hurt but when he saw his youngest brother though, he froze. I think, because he was thinking along the same as me. Which was confirmed by his next sentence.

"Why are you here alone, where is Harry and Hermione?" Did something happen?" Ron seemed incapable of speech as his mouth opened and closed like a fish out of water.