He Likes You

He Likes You

You and Niall have been friends for a long time. In fact, he's your best guy friend. You two hang out a lot together when he's not busy with his career or away for awards or charities.

Today you and Niall decided to hang out at his house and watch Derby play. Derby is winning, the score 3-1.

After an amazing score by Derby, it goes to commercial for half time.

"Can you believe how amazing Derby is doing today?" You say slapping the tops of your legs, sitting next to Niall on the couch.

"They're doing amazing like they always do!" Niall says with a huge smile on his face.

You glance back at the television and see a commercial for a dating website. You sigh then look down at your lap.

"Are you ok?" Niall asks you and you glance over at him.

"Oh, it was just that commercial. It reminded me of how much I can't wait to start dating when I'm eighteen. I've just felt a little lonely lately. But I don't think a guy would ever ask me out." Most of this you say kind of sadly and avoid Niall's stare.

"And why's that?" He asks with concern.

"I'm just not the kind of girl that guys go for. I'm not that pretty and I can be such a socially awkward person. I'm just not very appealing.

"But, if a guy were to like me, I'd want him to hint me. Like complimenting me, listening intently to what I am saying, or even just make a move.

"Though, I guess I don't really need a boyfriend, but it'd be nice."

"I see... But I think you're gorgeous! And you're not socially awkward! I think you're perfectly appealing." He says enthusiastically with big hand gestures.

"Thanks..." You look down and smile at his compliment. "I think I'm going to make some popcorn for when the break is over." You stand up from the couch and walk to the kitchen. You find a microwaveable bag of popcorn in the pantry and pop it in the microwave and set the cook time.

As you lean on the counter, supporting yourself up with your hands facing the counter,you feel a pair of arms wrap around your waist. You look behind you and see Niall smiling down at you.

"What are you doing?" You ask with a curious note in your voice.

"What do you mean? I thought you'd get it." He says as if it's obvious.

"Get what?" You're very confused.

"I've been hinting all this time. I've made my final hint."

You try to register what he's saying but it still doesn't click. As you try to make the connection, you can feel your face scrunching as you think.

"I like you, you dummy." Niall says. This surprises you. You've always seen him as a friend and always thought that's what he thought of you. But that's when it clicks. All those times he'd listen closely to what you had to say and when you'd say something bad about yourself he'd say that you were great just the way you are. And him noticing quite a few times when you'd get your hair done and other little things. "Well?" He takes you out of your daze and you look at him. You've never noticed before, but his eyes are just the most beautiful blue and his jaw line seems just perfect. He's been the nicest and most caring guy in your life. He's even been there for you on your bad days. Maybe you like him too...

"I... I think I like you too." You say slowly as you gaze into his eyes; so gentle and innocent.

He goes from looking at your eyes to your lips repeatedly. Niall can't take it anymore, he starts to get closer to your face. He presses his lips against yours, and you push back. But before it starts to get a little heated, the beeper goes off, telling you the popcorn is ready. Because it's so loud, the two of you jerk apart and laugh.

"I think the popcorn is ready." Niall whispers, still laughing.

The rest of the evening you spend it with Niall watching football games. And every minute of it you enjoy.