Chapter 1 {Lightning}

{Skylar’s POV}

I looked over at Danny as he grabbed his keys. “Where you off to?”

“Off to do a few interviews with the guys.”  Nathan nudged my side as I lied across him. “Um, no you two won’t be alone! I’m smarter than that! Ally is coming over.”

“What!? I’m not two anymore Danny…” I sighed as Nathan just laughed. Danny and I had been close ever since I was born. He was the protective brother who I now had to live with.

“I don’t care; we can’t risk having the paps know about you two…” He sighed as he opened the door. “She’ll be here in ten minutes. Don’t let anyone else in. Love you Sky!”

“Love you too!” As Danny left I looked at Nathan whose eyes were focused onto the television. “What’s up?”

“I’m on the tele Sky! LOOK! That’s me and the boys!” He got up and started to do a small happy dance as their music video for Lightning started playing. I rolled my eyes and started laughing just watching that crazy boy. I didn’t get it, why did his management want him single? They know we’re dating, but it’s because he’s the baby isn’t it? Nathan pulled me up from the coach and embraced me in a huge hug and a kiss on the forehead. “Aren’t you excited?!”

“Of course I am..!” And with that he cupped my face in his hands and pulled me into a passionate kiss. As we pulled away his forehead was pressed against mine and a huge smile was on his face. “I’ve been addicted to you since the first hit…”

“…Out of control like a surge of electric, yeah, your skin, the touch, the kiss, the rush too much and here it comes.”  He sang back at me before Ally barged into the room.

“Step away kiddos! Who wants to go shopping?!”

Nathan looked at me and then back to Ally, “Are you okay there Ally?”

“I’m fine, now let’s get out of this boring house!”

“But Danny told us to stay here…”

“No one is going to catch you guys, plus you’re with me. We’re fine!”

“Okay!” Nathan and I ran for the door as Ally just smiled.

“You two are too cute…”

{Zayn’s POV}

I looked around the room at the boys as they all answered the dreaded question, “Whose single?” Niall looked at me and winked as he said “no”, but we all knew it was really a yes. Why he keeps it a secret? I’ll never know, but as they were coming to me my heart started pounding and I have no idea why. This would be the first time I admit to this relationship. Was I ready for this? Of course I was. Just do it Zayn!

“So Zayn, there’s been talk about you and this mystery girl.”

I chuckled, “Yes, I am dating someone.”

“But it seems like you’ve fallen into Harry’s old styles? No pun intended Harry.” Harry laughed at the terrible pun, “It seems like you’re dating another older woman?”

“What?! No, no, I can assure you that is wrong. I am dating a wonderful nineteen year old girl named Natalie.”

“Really? Wow, rumors are crazy aren’t they boys…?” As the interviewer moved on I couldn’t help but think where that information could have come from…

The boys and I left the interview as excited as ever, but me, I was still in my own shell. I was so confused. “You still confused Zayn?” Harry asked.

“Uh, yeah, but I’ll be fine.”

Liam smacked me over the head with a magazine and opened it, “Ahem, ‘Zayn Malik dating an older woman?’ Isn’t that Nat’s mom though…?” Liam read from the magazine.

“What!?” I grabbed the magazine out of his hands and stared at it in disbelief. They think I’m dating Natalie’s mom?!