14

Olive knew she had to make her way over to Rinzen sooner or later, but Nurse Caldwell had accelerated that time line. She needed literal manpower to put on the event at the hospital, and most of the girls in the pre-med society wrinkled their nose at the idea of "working".

Naturally, she didn't quite how see hoe she'd get the boys on board, but she did have boobs, so yeah.

She heard a million voices in the mess hall before she even opened the door, and when she did, the volume somehow intensified. Rinzen was a little bigger than St. Rosemunde, speaking for the slightly more spacious refractory. She saw a wave of black uniforms before her eyes settled on the popular tables. Some of the boys cat-called her, but there were no nuns to stop them with dirty looks, so she just rolled her eyes, stopping next to Parker.

"Hey," she said, taking the last open seat. "Do you know where the president of the pre-med society is? I have a volunteer opportunity that I wanted to discuss."

"That would be me," Levi said in the chair across from them, folding his hands. "What can I do for you, sweet cheeks?"

"Not call me sweet cheeks." She smiled jeeringly, unintentionally emphasizing her high cheekbones. "A nurse from Gloveria Hospital told our principal about an opportunity to put a health awareness event for the pediatric ward in a few weeks. Jemma was in charge, but naturally she made it my problem. So what do you say?"

"Sounds like a plan." Levi nodded. "I'll be sure to pitch it at our next meeting. Feel free to join us—in fact, I'll be a little disappointed if you don't show up."

"Then I guess you'll just have to be disappointed." She rose to her feet, already feeling this encounter grow stale. "Thanks again."

"Aren't you hungry?" Parker then asked. "For a new student, you sure seem to be active."

"Staying active allows me to stay focused," she offered, stealing the apple off his tray. "Otherwise, I'd just be reminded of how much I hate it here."

"Now you sound like Jeno." Parker snickered as Jeno rolled his eyes. He knew coming to lunch was a bad idea. He should have just skipped like Miren. Then again, Levi would probably get the wrong idea...everyone always got the wrong idea about everything.

"Speaking of Jeno, I didn't want to say anything before, but it looks like he's moved on," Levi said. At this moment, Jeno could only hope that glares could kill. But as Levi proceeded to pull out his cellphone, he could only blink at him. "I caught this pic of you and your new squeeze outside your party." His eyes lit up with destructive intent, like a missile striking building. "Care to explain yourself?"

Parker snatched the phone from Levi before Jeno could, a sick smile on his lips. Olive peered over his shoulder, but couldn't make much sense of the image. Because it was night, it was hard to tell exactly who the girl was, what with her dark skin practically blending in the blackness of the evening. It should have been obvious; then again, it would have also been impossible. "Who knew Jeno had jungle fever? Does she go to Rosemunde?"

Jeno grabbed the phone, swiftly deleting the photo. Levi shook his head.

"You know I have it saved on iCloud, right?"

"You know I'm not against murder, right?"

As Olive watched the boys bicker like a bunch of drama queens, her brain surged. That was the girl Jemma was looking at, wasn't it? Then why would she be dancing with that other guy? The idea of the girl being Miren crossed her mind, but that made zero sense. From what she had researched, Jeno and Miren weren't close. And if she were alive, there was no way she'd be hanging around town.