20

The following morning, Iris and Rowan made a collective decision to pay Bekah a visit at the hospital. They knew for sure that Bekah would be taken to the biggest hospital in their small town. The Misty Forest General hospital was where people with serious ailments or people with any form of emergency were always taken to. There were other smaller hospitals that dealt with treating people with milder issues.

Emerson and Broody left early in the morning to Amber's apartment. They went to pick up the few things they left there, and to check up on Amber.

Rowan and Iris walked outside to Rowan's car, and as soon as they were in, Rowan drove off. They were both slightly agitated. They had no idea if they would be told 'I'm sorry, we couldn't save her,' when thy ask to see Bekah. They were not even sure if they would be allowed to see her at all.

Rowan drove in silence with a very serious expression on her face, while Iris was busy scrolling through her phone.

"Crap!'' Iris exclaimed while staring at her screen in awe.

"What?'' Rowan turned to look at her for a bit before refocusing her attention on the busy road.

"According to this blog I'm reading, people fear that Amber is doing drugs again. There are tons of pictures of her smoking, drinking, and some of her looking completely lost and incredibly high," Iris said and then she turned the screen of her phone to Rowan, who took a quick glance at the photos.

"That's what she was wearing last night," Rowan pointed to one of the photos. Iris turned the screen back to herself and nodded.

"Yeah, you're right," she said. "What the hell is wrong with this girl? I'm really worried," she groaned.

"Maybe it's happening again," Rowan said.

"What?" Iris's left eyebrow went up.

"You know, Amber from high school," she gripped the steering wheel tightly. "Amber that couldn't live without drugs, Amber that got violent if she had a little bit too much to drink. Maybe she's been stressed because of what we've been going through lately, and now she's spiraling down."

"Are you insinuating that she threw Bekah into the water because she had a little too much to drink?'' Her mind was boggled because of what Rowan was saying.

"I didn't say that," Rowan said "but for you to bring that up, it means you were thinking about that possibility," she smirked, "and you were the one that asked her if she hurt Bekah, last night."

"I wasn't thinking straight then, words just flew out of my mouth that I didn't properly think through before saying."

"Well let's not cross the possibility off."

"Okay, let's say Amber really did push her, how do you explain the other people involved? That old lady told us that three people pushed her in."

"Only Bekah can give us the answers we need," she said, and then she rolled into an empty space in the crowded parking lot of the hospital. "Let's go see if we can find out," she parked her car and then she pushed the door open. Iris followed suit.

They walked up to the hospital entrance and pushed open the slightly heavy glass door of the building. The hospital was very big, but it was almost empty inside. The size of the building seemed to swallow up anyone that walked in. They walked on the white vinyl floor straight to the reception desk and walked straight to the sole receptionist that was not attending to anyone.

"Hi," Iris smiled, and then she balanced her hand on the table that separated them. "I'm here to see Bekah. She was brought in here yesterday."

"Can I have her last name, please," the petite nurse asked, politely.