+22

Laurent got ready that evening, he was suppose to meet with his secret admirer in 20 minutes and he was already starting to feel really nervous.

He got dressed in a white long sleeved shirt since the weather always got so chilly around that time of the day, deciding to wear a black skinny jeans and a white converse, Laurent pulled up his afro in a bun, shoving his phone and wallet into his pocket, he headed out, locking the door behind him.

During his 10 minutes cab drive to his destination, Laurent kept muttering silent prayers.

"Please, let this not be so awkward."

"Let my expectations not fail me."

"Let him be a normal human being like me."

"Save me, Lord."

"Help me calm my racing heart."

"Don't let me fumble."

Soon, the cab pulled up by a two way road.

"Just walk down this road, and you'll arrive at the old park," The man in his middle 30s said, pointing to the road on the left.

"Okay," Laurent said as he paid up the man his fare. "Thanks."

Laurent let out a sigh, a small smile etched on his lips. Finally, he was going to meet Mr Unknown who stole his heart away. Nodding to himself that it was time, Laurent began walking down the road. It took only 2 minutes and he arrived at the park.

The park looked like every normal park only this one was dark and looked really deserted, but there was just one lamp light on  inside of it. Feeling stupid for trusting a complete stranger and also gathering his own courage, Laurent walked towards the light.

Getting close to his destination, Laurent caught sight of him. His back faced to Laurent, hands stuffed in his jean pocket. Laurent wanted to reach forward and touch him, but he didn't want to seem so...touchy.

"Uh, hey. I'm here," Laurent said, nervousness taking over him.

Silence.

"Why did you choose this place? We could have just met at the cafe, you know," He said again.

There was no word from this person. But Laurent could see movements as the person began to bring out his hand from his pocket.

Laurent cautiously took one step back, his eyes fixed on the person's hand but he stopped when he saw the person only brought out his phone.

"H?" Laurent called. "Can I see your face?"

H was typing away on his phone and soon Laurent's phone vibrated in his pocket. He reached for it and brought it out.

Unknown: I'm scared.

"Please, don't be. I swear I won't hurt you," Laurent said to him.

Unknown: I know you won't hurt me.

Unknown: I'm scared that I'll hurt you.

"I promise you won't, baby," Laurent said, his voice a little shaky.

Unknown: It's nice. Hearing you call me that.

"Then, look at me. I promise to call you that from today. Please, baby, look at me," Laurent said, his foot taking a step.

Unknown: I love you so much. More than my own life, beautiful.

Unknown: Don't freak out.

Unknown: Please.

Laurent let out a shaky chuckle, "Why would I?"

There was a slight pause between to two of them for a few seconds.

"Because..." That voice. That fucking voice.

The person turned around, pulling of his hoodie at the same time, so his face was in the light. Laurent's mouth flew open as his heart did a flip, his phone falling to the pavement.

"Oh, n-no."