chapter 1

dam dam dam, she meets him in this chapter haha

sorry for long awaited moment:D

~madz

Sophie's POV

Today had been such a blur, the whole house was filled with decorations and even I had marvelled at the beauty of what was supposed to be the hall.

And then towards the late afternoon, it happened, what everyone had been anticipating so much, all the training the warriors went through,

He finally arrived.

Me and Anne watched through my window, our eyes were greedy with the need to know what he looked like.

"He's coming." Anne said, searching the front of the mansion as if she knew she could see him.

"I don't see anything..." I said almost disappointingly.

That's when I heard the squealing from outside my room.

I ran over to my door and pulled it open, standing there outside was Barbara and another female servant both squealing excitedly like there was something they knew. I quietly invited them into my room.

"What is it?" I asked almost desperately.

"Have you seen him?" Anne chipped in equally as curious as I was.

They both looked at me and nodded their heads as if they couldn't think straight.

"H...he..he..." Barbara began but was cut off by Charles bursting into the room.

"F-forgive me, my lady," He stammered apologetically, "but you must get ready as soon as possible, the ball is starting earlier than anticipated." And with that he hurried out of the room with Barbara and the other girl following obediently behind him.

"Now we'll never know." I said exasperated.

"Until we get to the ball" said Anne, finishing off my sentence.

"So we better get you ready now." And with that I sat in the chair opposite my mirror and my makeover began.

****************

"Just a little twist here and some volume there and....we're done!" Anne finished dramatically.

I looked into the mirror and instead of my usual reflection, a girl with peculiar blue eyes and a sharp defined nose and flawless lips stood before me but that was not what got my attention,

"The hair." I whispered, "How did you...?"

"Oh, it was nothing." Anne said nonchalantly.

My usually dry, blonde hair had now turned into a lovely, soft and slightly curly heap of honey gold deluxe.

I hugged Anne, I had to, it was the least I could do. I did nothing to deserve her and so I returned the favour.

"Well then, let's get you something to wear." I smirked evilly at Anne.

"B...but I have to wear something simple and black." She said disapointedly.

"Oh, it'll be simple alright." I said to her smiling, as I advanced towards her.

Later that evening, I left my room accompanied by Charles, towards the stairs I would advance down.

My father stood beside me looking very smart in his old age.

"You look very handsome, dad." I complimented him while he blushed miserably.

"Thank you but you look rather stunning." He said, looking me up and down while we were announced into the ongoing event.