The Very First Time

**Tis' short but deal with it.**

Demme…” I whispered to myself. That was a bad move Aya, a very bad one. By agreeing and accepting the task handed to you by Principal Masaki, it’s almost like you just signed your death wish. “Damn that old man,” I clenched my jaw as I continued walking silently in the hallway, proceeding to my classroom.

Because all students were still in their respective classrooms, the hallway was awfully silent. Every now and then, you could hear faint sounds of what the different teachers were discussing to their classes. But no, I didn’t pay attention to that. I was too distracted by the thought of stalking Rikoda if I had spare time, as the old damned principal instructed me.

“Look, all I need you to do is follow Rikoda if you have spare time. I want you to follow him around, even if he finds it annoying. Still, I want you to do it. For now, you’re the only student I know that is against Rikoda’s behavior, and you’re my only chance to stop his ways. What he is doing is dangerous and a threat to this school’s name. He’s the son of a good friend of mine, and I know what his dad’s reaction to this if I let him handle this situation. He’d eventually get kicked out of their house, and I’m too guilty if that ever happens.”

“But why follow him around? Can’t you just assign a detective or a secret agent?”

“Yes, that’s no different. I can also do that, but the fact that Rikoda’s family is a very wealthy one and has many connections, no, I won’t risk that. You do swear that if you do this, you won’t tell his family, won’t you?”

“I’m not sure…”

“Aya, please, I know there’s been a rivalry going on from you to Rikoda since you were in elementary, but don’t let that get in the way. Aside from his family discovering this, there’s still a possibility that he might get in jail. You don’t want your rival to go to jail, would you?”

Now that he had mentioned the fact that he was my rival, I think I’d miss him a little since there are only a few people in the school that could manage to be in level with me. But that was before, one of them was Yokawa, she was such a threat to both of us which made the three of us rivals, but after the last semester, when Rikoda and I still managed to become the top-notchers of the exam; he came in second, I came in first. Yokawa immediately felt that she was a loser and decided to transfer to another school, rumor even has it that she transferred to a public school to be easily able to come in first and make her feel good about herself.

Now that I heard that rumor, I honestly think she acted like a spoiled-brat and two-times the loser when she decided to transfer to another school, just because Rikoda and I came first.

I sighed wearily when I spotted our classroom door. Get ready for a mouthful of scolding.

I placed my hands on the sliding door and pushed it to the right side, the first thing I see is sensei’s face. But just my surprise when I glanced at the direction of my seat.

Rikoda isn’t here.

Then just like that, I felt I wanted to hit my head on the wall. This is stupid, why’d you come here if you’re just going to get out after arriving halfway through the classroom? I turn my head to sensei’s face who was waiting for me to sit down.

“Well?” He looked at me angrily. I look at my right side, and then to the left. This it, you gotta find Rikoda. Then I rush to the direction of the door and outside I went. “Oi Aya!” I could hear sensei scream even if I was already out running the hallway. “Baka! Come back here you!” I could hear his footsteps.

I look back a bit and to my amusement, his face was crimson red. “Komene!” I wave and continue running.

And then I realize this is the first time I’m going to be doing my task.