■ honesty

After hours of lying down, trying to get some rest, she finally gave up on sleeping. She assumed what Frigga told her had consumed much of her thoughts, leaving them to analyze and puzzle out the life she was having.

Loraine? A voice barged in her thoughts - startling her.

She fluttered her eyes open. Loki? She replied.

Yes. He said, and for awhile his voice pondered. Can you come? I mean... I have a question. His voice faltered, though she didn't know why.

She furrowed her eyebrows. I thought you were asleep. What time is it anyway?

Need I remind you I am a captive. I do not have any clock here.

There was another pause before he said again, Come by my room.

His tone sounded as if it was a question which Loraine, found so unlikely and atypical of him. Why would he want her presence? Was it a demand or a question?

Still, even if it were those two... She had to accept.

She hesitated, and felt her heart quickened. Well. Wait a second, she replied.

She stood and slipped on her sandals. She opened the double doors of her bedroom and started walking down the moonl-lit hallways.

As soon as she was there, the guards, on night duty, were still beside the doors to Loki's chambers. They looked down at her with stern looks. However, considering the fact that she had all the rights to come by, the guards said nothing.

They both stepped aside. Loraine walked to the doors, leaned her cheeks against the cool surface and whispered the code.

The enormous doors opened swiftly with no creaks and groans. She stepped inside and waited for the doors to shut.

The room was drowned with a thick blanket of darkness. Silence had overcome her ears - hearing the loudness of the quiet tone. An eerie light slipped past from the balcony to the corners of the silky curtains.

Just as when she was about to sit down on the nearby couch under the window, Loki finally spoke.

"You have come."

Loraine turned to look at his bed, yet all she saw was black. "You thought I wouldn't?"

"No. I know you will." His voice was tight.

"How did you know I wasn't asleep?" She sat down finally--- her fingers brushing the cushion of the window seat, feeling the soft velvet.

"I had a feeling," he simply said.

There was a small click, and a warm light began to glow. A lamp stood at the top of his polished desk. The shallow of the lamp shade was cut out with draws of leaves, birds, flowers and trees. It circled around the bulb? forming out shadowed shapes - along the walls and floors.

The light had also traced out the outlines of Loki. He was propped up on the bed in a sitting position, with the same untitled leather book on his lap. His ebony hairs loosely dropped to his shoulders as he wore pale long sleeves, illuminating along the dimly lit room. In the warm light, his green eyes glistened and his angles sharpened. Describing him ethereal would be perfect.

He turned to her. "I thought I heard someone calling your name. For a moment, I thought I had gone, terribly mad."

"Oh dear, you imagined it." A smirk fell on her lips. "Have you missed me?"

"Stop it." He hissed. "You are toying with me."

"And you tease me too much, Im just doing a payback."