The Morning After - November

Before I even opened my eyes I knew Katerina was in the bed next to me. Her soft breaths sounded like a purring kitten. I would recognise that sound anywhere. I slowly opened my eyes. I barely remembered last night. I remember the party, the duet, lots of alcohol and then... Oh God! We did it!

I took in the sight of my room. My dress flung on the window sill. Kat's fishnet tights draped over the back of my desk chair. I looked over at Kat. Her beautiful, auburn hair was sprawled out across the pillow, a peaceful expression on her face. When did she take out her plaits? I began to remember fragments of the previous night. Her lips on mine. Her tongue in my mouth, mine in hers. Her naked body moving rhythmically on mine. Her hands, the pleasure. Katerina began to stir.

"Hey sleepy head," I said.

"Morning," she replied, sitting up. "Oh God, my head!"

"I know how you feel," I responded. "I'm going to get some paracetamol for the both of us."

I slowly climbed out of bed, clutching my aching head. It was only when I was full upright that unrealised I had no clothes on. I looked back at Kat.

"Are we gonna talk about last night?" I asked.

"Definitely," she replied, smiling. "After paracetamol."

Still naked, I dug around in my handbag for the tablets. When I came up empty I realised I'd have to leave the room to get some.

"So my parents know you're here?" I asked Kat.

"I think so," she answered. "But I can't be sure. I was a little distracted when we got here."

I threw on my dressing gown and retrieved the paracetamol from the bathroom cabinet along with a glass of water. Kat and I quickly swallowed two tablets each.

"How much of last night so you remember?" Kat asked me.

"After the duet? Not much," I replied.

"Light weight," Kat teased. "I drank way more than you and I remember everything."

"You are not even 18 yet you shouldn't be drinking at all!" I said.

"Grandma," she teased again.

"I do wish I remembered though. How did it go?"

"The party or... the after party?"

"Kat..."

"It was good, as sex goes. I mean, it could have been better but..."

"Kat!"

"Fine. It was great, we both loved it, especially you."

"Well it's our first time and, well, my first time so I just wish I remembered."

"OMG, I forgot. Congratulations, you are no longer a virgin."

"Shh, what if my parents hear?"

"Oh, I'm pretty sure they heard last night."

The look on my face must have been horrified because Kat said, "kidding. I should probably make my way home, it's already 10 o'clock."

"Breakfast first?" I asked.

"Sure."

Breakfast was possibly the most awkward meal of my life. It wasn't the fact that Kat was there, my parents are used to random sleepovers. They definitely knew.

"How was last night?" my mum asked as Kat and I walked into the kitchen. "The party I mean, not... anything else."

"It was good," I replied.

"Anything you want to tell me?" she continued.

"Mum!" I exclaimed, turning red.

"Fine, I'll back off," she said.

After spending the rest of breakfast in silence, Kat collected her things and left, but not before a quick kiss and a "see you later".