prologue.

January 11, 2009

Entry #1

It was a cold, winter day. The day after Christmas to be exact. 

Nicholas, my son, was riding his Little Tikes tricycle on the snow-covered grass. Meech bought it for him for Christmas. 

I sat on the porch of our large mansion on Parkway Ave. It was a small neighborhood. Not many people lived in it. Only the richest of richest. 

It was a day where Meech and I weren’t on good terms. It was much more better on Christmas. He stayed home all day, laughed and joked with his son and I. Those were the times that I loved being with him.. like all the other times. No matter how terrible our days are, I always love being with Meech. 

Earlier in the day, Meech woke me up from my long sleep. He had told me he was hungry and he wanted to eat. It wasn’t in the nicest tone of voice, but I obeyed. I got out of the bed we shared and took a quick shower. I threw on a small tank top that stopped above my belly button, and some large sweatpants. 

My hair was never the longest. It stopped a few inches below my shoulders. I put it in a high ponytail; Meech loves my hair that way. It gave him better access to create hickies on my neck. I freshened up then went downstairs to the kitchen. 

In our house, we had two staircases. One lead to the living room and one lead to the kitchen. I took the one to the kitchen because Meech always had different people coming in and out of our house. 

I quickly whipped up some pancakes, sausage, and eggs for Meech, Nicholas, and myself. I had leftovers; just in case whoever had just rang the doorbell wanted some. Meech never wanted me to open the door. His job consisted of it and he always wanted his family to be safe. 

I had just finished fixing up the plates of food for us, and then the doors to the kitchen busted open. Meech came in with another man who caught my eye. He was a beauty, but I never looked at his kind. Tall, light, and gorgeous was he. His light brown eyes were the only thing that attracted me, unlike Meech. 

Meech was all I ever wanted. A tall, darkskin, buff man with a couple tattoos here and there. He’s not too buff, but he doesn’t have a wimp body. He’s strong and I love strong men. I love being lifted into arms and being kissed simultaneously. He has a perfect smile, natural brown eyes, and black & brown dreads that stop a little below his shoulders. When I first met him, I thought he was Wale. He looks too much like him, and still to this day, I swear they’re related somehow. Only being twenty-two years old, he stands at exactly 6’3” feet. He’s a giant compared to my nineteen year old, 5’4” figure, and I love it like that. Anytime he laughed, his laugh lines would be clearly visible. He hates it, but I love it. I love everything about him. 

Meech looked at me, and then looked at my outfit. He scrunched up his face at me and spoke, “Rae, don’t you see I got company? Why the fuck you ain’t got no clothes on?” He had a deep voice, but he always added base to it when he was around other people. 

I’m not a loud girl, I never like attention. I hate the spotlight.. all of that. But, whenever Meech gets buck with me, I get buck back. It’s rare for me to stay quiet when he says something I don’t like.. only the times when he yells at me with so much force that it scares me is when I don’t say anything back. 

“He just got here, Demetrius. You want me to run back up there and put something on, then I don’t got you on that.” I said, finishing off what I was doing by placing a fork on each plate. He loves showing out in front of people.