Chapter 19 - Here but faraway

The first thing I felt was the cold air hitting my face and the tickling of soft grass against my neck. Where am I? Is this hell? Well, it doesn't feel like it. Blood red eyes were opened and wings were spread. The only view of the world around was the ash that whirled through the air and the scent of blood and rotting bodies. I heard a whine of joy and turned my head to come face to face with a powerful black dragon, (W/N). He pushed with his cold nose in the crook of my neck, a weak smile spread across my face, but disappeared when (W/N) pushed his nose in my waist. I growled by the pain that spread through my body as flaming fire. A burning feeling in my heart welled up and I clenched my jaws together. (W/N) whined and pulled away, laying his head on the filthy ground, looking sad to my chest.

I knew that if I would looked down, I would find something I did probably never wanted to see. I came up slowly only to fall back by the fiery pain, but being caught by the massive head of (W/N). I locked an arm around his neck and the other underneath his large jaws, I stroked the scales behind his pointed ear and earned a satisfied grunt.

I looked around and was greeted by dying flames, bodies lying lifeless on the ground and further devastation. Maybe, I actually was in hell. Normally I would be laughing about this, enjoy it, but a voice made my emotions turn to only one feeling, sadness. I felt how sadness and anger slowly possessed my body and mind as I slowly stood from the ground, looking across the battlefield. I felt empty, I was looking for something, something that wasn't here.

A cry of frustration spread across the dry grass and reverberant through the trees that were deprived from their trusted roots. A storm of rage moved around me and one single tear, for the first time in all those years, rolled down my cheek. The one thing that I didn't understood was, I didn't know why. I screamed for the loss of something I didn't know the existence of and the storm doubled its strength and interfered with every forgotten body.

I looked at the patrons of the dust whirling around me and for an unknown reason it calmed me. I reached out my hand and let a single snowflake dance across my palm, looking at the wonder. The storm of destruction slowly died down till it completely disappeared. Trees without leaves fell around me, but I only had eye for the snowflake dancing on my hand.

Suddenly a flash appeared before my eyes of a woman's silhouette with an snowflake in her hand, almost the same as the snowflake twirling around my fingers. The image disappeared just as quickly as it had appeared and I shook my head violently. I heard a whimper from behind and I turned to see (W/N) in his wolf form, looking up at me with a sympathized glanc. A watery smile took a hold of my lips and I stroke the beast behind his ear. I crouched down beside him, watching how (W/N) stares intensely at the wooden stake in my chest.

I fell backwards and looked stunned to the wood that pierced my heart, moving my hand shakily to the object. I swallowed painfully when I noticed that it really was there and not just my mind playing with me. I looked up to (W/N) who whined and licked my hand. I sigh in defeat and pulled hard on the stake, a scream of pain erupting from my throat, but I bite on my tongue to conceal other cries, pulling the stake out of my chest before eying the gaping wound that slowly started to heal.

I threw the piece of wood away as if it was a disease and put a hand across my heart. I could feel the lacerating pain reduce slowly until it was completely gone. I stood up carefully and looked around me. The wound was healed just like my heart, but it seemed like there still was something that was missing. My instincts screamed for attention and I put a hand on my forehead, the screams of a name echoed in my head over and over again, Elsa, Elsa, Elsa..... Pain resulted in my chest again and I bite on my tongue. I don't know anyone known by the name Elsa.

Someone.

I saw the image of the woman's silhouette before me again and shook my head. I don't know anyone named Elsa. A soft breeze blew through my hair and a whispering female voice spoke to me. The voice was so soft, it felt so familiar and trusted. The breeze pushed me in the direction where the sun slowly rose to reveal the top of a tower. My legs started to move without my permission and that was when I felt the fatigue insist with every step I toke.