chapter 9: a close call

Chapter 9

A Close Call

Three hours later, the party was over, and we loaded the drunken Trigger Happy into a carriage.  "Man!" Moon said.  "That was the best party I've ever been in!"

I rolled my eyes.  "That was the only party you've been in."

I hopped into the same carriage Celibacy was in, and the mole driver started to move the carriage slowly out the city.

I looked out the window to my left, watching the moon shine it's light on the buildings, and making the city reflect with it's marvelous light.

"It's beautiful, isn't it Celibacy?" I asked her.

She looked out the window.  "You know..." Celibacy started, but her words trailed off.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing." she said.  "Just thinking out of my tail again." I looked at her.  She was lying on the floor, her eyes closed, and her wings tucked in.

I thought to myself.  "I wonder if she had feelings for me.  After all, she treated my differently than the others." I smiled.  I lied down, closed my eyes, and fell asleep.

I dreamed I was in a strange room that was filled with hundreds of old looking books, and a large blue hourglass was in the center of the room.  I saw a strange blue dragon was ahead of me, and he was reading a large floating book.  He had golden horns on top of his head that pointed towards the back.  He also had a white beard on the bottom of his chin with a ring halfway around it.

"Come closer Spyro." he said in a deep, but kind voice.

I approached him, and realized that his eyes were the purest white that I've ever seen.  He turned around to face me with a kind expression on his face.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I am the one who chronicles the ages, and delivers the visions of dark paths to come." he replied. 

"What!?" I exclaimed.

"I am The Chronicler." he said.  "I have a very important message to tell you."

"What is it?" I asked.

"I will tell you..." the Chronicler said.  "But it is a long story, and I would like to tell you when you are not slumbering for a few hours."

I suddenly felt uneasy.  I mean, what the heck was this guy saying?  "When will I see you again?" I asked.

"Soon, my friend." he replied.  "Very soon, but for now, it is time for you to awaken young dragon." he said.

Immediately, I woke up to the sound of a massive explosion.

I opened my eyes, and saw that the forest was on fire.  "Spyro!" Celibacy yelled from the center of the forest.  I bolted out of the carriage, and followed the sound of her voice.

"I'm on my way!" I yelled.  I looked around me.  To my left, Trigger Happy was fighting three buzzflies at once.

Buzzflies were these weird looking wasp-like bugs with claws that are a foot long, and these bugs are half my size.

To my right, Flynn and Moon were attacking eight gnorcs.  I then looked straight in front of me.  Two gnorcs were running at me with their axes raised.  They slashed sideways at me.  I dodged, and ran away from the gruesome scene where their axes flew straight into their stomachs, and killed them both.