Chapter 7

To say the rest of the weekend went by in a cloud of bliss would have been an understatement. The proper term would have been heaven. Nirvana. Either or both. In any case, we were happy. Tremendously so. Nathan and I spent the whole weekend either making love or laughing. Sometimes even at the same time. And every and all connection I'd thought lost between us was reformed. But this time stronger.

I found my love for Nathan swelling, almost painfully, in my chest. This man was my everything. He made me laugh. He made me happy. He made me feel cherished. He made me feel safe. I couldn't imagine a world without him. I didn't want to imagine a world without him.

"Lee, pass the popcorn." Nathan said as we sat in front of the TV watching Bridesmaids. We hadn't left the apartment once this weekend. We were content to live in our little sexed up love bubble and I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little sad that we'd have to face the world again tomorrow.

"I love Kristen Wiig." I stated around a mouthful of popcorn and handed the bowl to him. Nathan lightly stroked my leg as we watched the movie. I was lying on my back against the couch while Nathan was sat upright under my legs.

"She is pretty cool."

"Why were you pulling away from me?" I asked out of the blue. I couldn't help it. I wanted to know. I needed to know what had put us in that position in the first place. I knew part of the reason was how busy both our professional lives had gotten but there was more to it than that. There was more to the sexual slump we'd been in. More to the lost connection. For the past few months, Nathan had been acting weird and anxious. Was it something to do with me? Was I doing something wrong?

"Leah... I..." Nathan replied as he met my stare. I couldn't understand the conflicting emotions in his eyes but I knew what I was feeling. Confusion. Sadness. Guilt. Worry. Had we grown apart?

"Nathan, just tell me. You've been acting weird lately. What's going on?" I questioned as I sat up. The movie forgotten in the background.

"I was anxious. And...worried, Lee."

"About what Nate? You pulled away from me. So tell me whats got you acting so weird." I said as Nathan's hands tightened around my thigh.

"The reason I've been acting weird is because...I've been trying to come up with a way to ask you to marry me, Lee." Nathan said and I was shocked silent.

Marriage? I'd never in a million years have imagined the reason behind his strange behaviour to be about proposing to me. About him asking me to marry him.

Holy shit, Nathan wanted to marry me.

Just then, the thought really sunk in. Nathan asked me to marry him. And every fiber in my body wanted me to say yes. So I did.

"Yes. Yes. I'll marry you." I nodded around tears that had suddenly sprung up. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with this man. I wanted to wake up to his face every morning. I wanted him to make love to me. I wanted him to fuck me. I wanted every part of this man.

"I love you, Leah." Nathan said just before kissing me and I realised this man was all my fantasies come true.