Kayira part 1

WRITERS NOTE!!! So as you hopefully read in the blurb, this book focuses on two different peoples storys which will eventually become one. The last chapter was the beginning of Tam's story and this is the beginning of Kayira's story. 

Just a little tip. Kayira is pronounced Kay-ee-ra.

Hope you enjoy it!

XxJDMIKxX

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There she was, sitting on one of the benches in the parks shelter singing along to the latest song on the charts. I stalked forward, adjusting my gait so that I don't make a sound. I was standing right behind her now. Close enough to see the individual strands of her short auburn hair. Close enough to smell the chewing gum in her mouth. I tapped her on the shoulder and ran to hide behind the nearest tree. She whipped her self around, startled, but saw nothing. I chuckle quietly to myself. She always fell for that trick every time. She turned back around shrugging it off as just a fragment of her imagination. I rolled my eyes and walked forward again until I was only a couple of feet away from where she was sitting. Then I ran forward, being as silent as ever, as ever and jumped onto the roof of the shelter poking my head out the side beside her head as I screamed “BOO!” at the top of my lungs, right in her face and doubled over in laughter as I watched her jump so high out of her seat that she landed on the floor.

“Ria!” She moaned as she stood up again trying to keep in her own laughter. “Again? Really? When are you gonna stop scaring the living daylight out of me?!” She put her hands on her hips in an attempt to look like she was mad at me but I wasn't fooled. I could see the sparkle in her eyes and saw her mouth wobbling as she tried her best not to laugh.

“I would stop, but every time I think about it, I picture the shocked look on your face and realise that it's not worth it. I mean seriously! You need to learn to listen out for me and not have you music blaring in your ears!” She finally couldn't hold it in any more and ended up rolling on the floor laughing like mad. “Ria I swear your doing to give me a damned heart attack one of these days!” I rolled my eyes as I climbed down and sat down on the bench where she was previously sitting. “You know I'd never take it that far Tara. Plus isn't that impossible for us anyway?” I asked raising my eyebrows at her. She stood up and joined me on the bench. “Well yeah but....” She sighed.

Tara is my best friend for as long as I care to remember. To anyone else we look like complete opposites as she has glossy auburn hair in a short pixie cut, pale green eyes and flawless skin. She wears girly clothes, is of average height and has a figure any girl would die for. I on the other hand, have long, pin straight, jet black hair that falls to my waste, violet eyes, and rosy red cheeks. I tend to wear hoodies, jeans, trainers, anything that's comfortable really, and I'm slightly on the tall side. The one thing we have in common physically is we're both werewolves but that's not why we're friends. Everyone I know is a werewolf as I live in a pack that's isolated from all of society. I'm not sure why exactly but if I remember correctly from my history class it had something to do with a group of rogues, each having been exiled from each of their original packs, banding together for protection.

My name is Kayira Daniels but anyone who's close to me calls me Ria for short. I've always known Tara but we didn't become as close as we are until 3 years ago, when the entire school turned against me all because of some stupid rumour. Tara used to be part of the 'IT' crew but left them once she realised how they were treating me and has never left my side since.

“I'm worried about you Tara. You should be able to sense me coming, even if you can't hear me.... Are you still shutting out your wolf?” I asked gently. Tara has always been afraid of tuning into her wolf side as your stronger, quicker, stealthier and more aware when you do, and she's scared that she might hurt someone if she does. Tara is the most caring person I know and I know that her wolf would be the same yet she doesn't believe me. She's turning sixteen in a couple of months. When she does she's be able to shift into her wolf and, hopefully, then she wont be so afraid.