😱HISTORY😱

Pre-debut

Seventeen TV

Starting in 2013, Seventeen appeared in regular live broadcasts of a show called Seventeen TV on the online streaming platform UStream. During broadcasts fans were invited to watch Seventeen training in their practice room. The show had multiple seasons during which the trainees were introduced to the public, with some seasons ending in Like Seventeen concerts.

Big Debut Plan

Prior to their debut Seventeen also appeared in the reality TV show Seventeen Project: Big Debut Plan, broadcast on MBC between May 2–26, 2015. The show concluded with the group's debut showcase.

2015: Debut with 17 Carat and Boys Be

Seventeen performing at the 2015 Summer K-POP Festival at the Seoul Plaza.

Seventeen debuted on May 26 with a live showcase televised on MBC. They were the first male K-pop group to debut with a one-hour live showcase on a major broadcasting channel, with label-mates Lizzy and Raina serving asMCs. Three days later, their first EP 17 Carat was digitally released, along with the music video for the title track "Adore U". The physical album was released on June 2. The album ranked ninth on the Billboard World Albums chart a week after its release and peaked at eighth, staying on the chart for a total of eleven weeks. 17 Carat later became the longest-charting K-pop album of the year in the US and was the only rookie album to appear on Billboard's "10 Best K-pop Albums of 2015" chart.

On September 10, their second EP Boys Be was released in two versions together with the music video for the title track, "Mansae". Pre-order sales forBoys Be surpassed 30,000 album copies, and it later became the highest selling rookie album of 2015. The album debuted at number one on Billboard's World Albums Chart and earned the group awards at the Golden Disk Awards, Seoul Music Awards and Gaon Chart K-Pop Awards. Seventeen was the only K-pop group on Billboard's "21 Under 21 2015: Music's Hottest Young Stars" list. On December 4, a digital single titled "Q&A" was released by S.Coups, Woozi, and Vernon featuring singer Ailee. The track was produced by Woozi.

Seventeen held a four-date concert series titled 2015 Like Seventeen – Boys Wish from the 24th to the 26th of December as an end-of-year celebration at Yongsan Art Hall in Seoul, for which all the tickets sold out within one minute. After the concerts' success, Seventeen held two more concerts on February 13 and 14 entitled Like Seventeen – Boys Wish Encore Concert, which sold out in five minutes. At the second concert the official fanclub name Carat (Hangul: 캐럿) was announced.

2016: Love & Letter, Asia Tour, and Going Seventeen

Seventeen's first full-length studio album Love & Letter was released on April 25, 2016. The album was released in 'Love' and 'Letter' versions, similarly to their previous EP Boys Be, which also had two versions. The album sold over 150,000 copies in pre-orders prior to release, and charted at No. 1 on the Oricon Weekly Pop Album Charts in Japan. The music video for the title track, "Pretty U", was released on April 24 after the group's showcase. The album debuted at first place on theGaon Album Chart and at third place on Billboard's World Albums Chart. Seventeen received their first win on a music show on May 4 with "Pretty U", and the album placed fourth on Gaon's 2016 half-yearly physical album charts, with Seventeen being the highest charting rookie group on the list.

Love & Letter was re-released as the album Love & Letter Repackage on July 4. Promotions for the lead single "Very Nice" were immediately followed by Seventeen's 1st Asia Tour 2016 Shining Diamonds, which included venues in Japan, Singapore, Australia and China. The string of concerts began in South Korea on July 30 and 31, for which 13,000 tickets were sold.

On December 5, the group released their third EP Going Seventeen in three versions: Make a Wish, Make it Happen and Make the Seventeen. The album debuted atop the Gaon Album Chart, shifting over 130,000 copies in its first week.