Epilogue

"Come on Monica, what's taking you so long?" Vashti complained as she paced back and forth in front of the changing room as Mikaylah, Tiana, Melanie and April watched her. Finally the door opened and the women gasped.

"Oh my," April said as she covered her mouth.

"Is it that bad?" Monica asked with a cringe. She had gained a little bit of weight since the last fitting and she had a feeling she looked like Shamu.

"No, you look amazing." Melanie said as tears filled her eyes.

"Your parents would be so proud of you Monica." She said as she touched her cheek.

"Stop it Mel you're gonna make me cry." April said as she dabbed at her eyes. Melanie and April had become fast friends since their introduction at Milo and Monica's engagement party. The women both had strong visions of what the wedding should be like, which for the most part Monica was able to handle; but between her aunt, April, the crazy wedding planner Milo had her hire and Milo’s new PR manager Taylor, her wedding was quickly turning into a three ring circus.

“I’ve said it before but I will say it again, Milo is going to piss himself when he sees you.” Vashti said with a laugh.

“More like hose him down,” Tiana mumbled as Lyric skipped out of her dressing room in her flower girl dress.

“Aww look at my baby girl, you are just too cute.” Tiana said as Lyric spun around in her dress fascinated by the way her skirt spun out.

“Okay stop before you get dizzy,” Tiana said holding her daughter still.

“Auntie Monica I feel like a princess,” Lyric said with a huge grin.

“You look like one sweetie, I’m glad you like the dress.” Monica said kissing her cheek.

“I am so sorry I am late, I got caught in traffic.” Taylor said as he rushed over to Monica who let out an exasperated sigh before putting on a smile.

“It’s okay Taylor, we just started.”

Taylor gave her a once over and shrugged.

“I really wish you would have followed my suggestion and went to Paris for your gown.”

“Oh well,” Monica said rolling her eyes, the dress already cost three times the amount she was willing to pay, if it wasn’t for Milo and his never ending bank account Monica would have been glad to find the nearest David’s Bridal and shop for a dress like a normal bride. After standing for thirty minutes to have the dress pinned and tugged every which way for the last time Monica was ready to go home, curl up next to Milo and go to sleep, but she wasn’t ready for what greeted her when she arrived home. She walked tentatively into the living room where Samantha was sitting across from Big Mo and Mason.

“Maurice what’s up?” she asked as she stared down Samantha.

“She says she wants to talk to you.”

“A call would have been nice.” Monica said as she took a seat next to Mason.

 “Mo can you take Mason to his room please?”

Big Mo picked up Mason and took him to his room all the while Monica never took her eyes off of Samantha, a part of her wanted to bash her face in but the other half was curious about what she wanted.

“What do you want Samantha?”

“Look I know we haven’t gotten off to a good start-“

“-and whose fault it that, surely not mine.”

“You’re marrying my brother soon and I think it would be best if we were at least cordial to each other.”

“It’s kind of hard to be cordial with a woman who had a hand in almost destroying my life and my son’s.