𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋

────── ★★★ ──────

"A predictable excess of pomp and grandeur. Snow should have no trouble sneaking inside," Killian stated as the three of them sat on a patch of grass a ways away from the golden castle and watched the fireworks.

"What about us?" Everly asked with a hint of boredom in her tone, "are we supposed to just sit here and hope she pulls it off?"

"I don't like leaving things to chance," Emma added while keeping her eyes glued to the ball happening in the distance.

"I feel exactly the same way." The three of them jumped to their feet as soon as they heard the familiar voice before they turned to find Rumplestiltskin sitting on a tree stump next to them. "Which is why I never do," he finished before waving his hand through the air and making an invitation to the ball appear, "see, an invitation to the ball."

"So you'll be inside to watch out for her?" Emma questioned with a hint of hope in his voice.

"No, no, I'll be far too busy sorting out how to get you home," he responded as if his statement was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Well, who's the invitation for?" Killian questioned, causing a small groan to pass over Everly's lips before all eyes landed on her.

"Are you really that clueless?" the Jones girl asked the two people next to her, receiving annoyed looks from both of them as she continued speaking, "it's for us."

"There is a smart one among you after all."

"So when we're done inside, you can open our portal?" the pirate captain asked the Dark One as if he didn't just insult the former and the Savior.

"There's a powerful wand, which I...I came to possess," Rumplestiltskin explained, earning confused looks from the three from the future before he brushed them off and continued, "anyway, legend says it can recreate any magic that's ever been wielded. Now, with a little work, I can use it to recreate whatever portal brought you here."

"Please do it quickly," Emma begged the powerful man in front of her while Killian snatched the invitation from his fingers, "we'll be in and out before you know it. I wanna get out of here."

"Oh, confidence. I like it," the Dark One responded, earning a smile from the Savior in return then the three from the future started to head towards the castle.

Just as they were about to reach the path, Rumplestiltskin called out to them and made them stop in their tracks before they turned back around to face him. "You can't go to a ball looking like that."