2

Umar's POV:

Sometimes son, all you need to do is accept Qadar and move on with your life . Just by doing that, you increase the possibility of being happy and accepting all that life throws at you.

"Mama's words still ringing in your mind?" Khaleed asked," She was an amazing woman Umar. All we need to do is pray for her. She loved you and you know that she would never have wanted you to sulk about her all your life right? Remember what's written in the Quran! La Yukallifullahu Nafsan Illa Wusaha. He doesn't burden a soul beyond which it can handle. So if Allah (S.W) thinks you can get through this, who are you to doubt that huh?"
I could feel tears forming at the corner of my eyes. Friends like Khaleed always made life better. A little bit more tolerable.
"Shukraan Khaleed. Jazakallahukheyr. I don't know what I would do without you habib."
"Wajazaak. And I tell you everyday, you are stronger than you give yourself credit for. Come on. Baba is waiting for us."

Ever since mama passed away, I was living with Khaleed's family. The first few days were pretty weird and strange but Ummu Khaleed never let me feel any less of family. She would always make sure she talked to me before I went to bed and even insisted that she be my Quran teacher. At first I had my reservations but I could never be happier right now. She insisted on me first knowing what the ayah meant before I planned on mastering it. It is because of her that I am now a hafidh Alhamdulilah.

"Assalamu Aleikum Warahmatullahy Wabarakatu," Rayhanah, Khaleed's sister greeted us as she entered the car.
"Waaleikum Salaam Warahmatullahy Wabarakatu," we all answered.
"Baba, I have an expo to attend today and Phillip said he can't drive me there since mama sent him to the shops and neither can Khaleed since he has to go for the meeting in the mosque so Umar is going to take me there okay?" She shocked me by her preposition but it seemed like I was the only one who was surprised since Amo Ramy accepted without a demur. Khaleed's family and mine knew each other for a very long time, we were practically one family. But never in all those years had I spoken to Rayhanah except for the handful of times since I started living with her family.

"Umar?" Amo Ramy drew me from my thoughts, "I was asking if you are okay with taking Rayhanah to the expo." I quickly nodded to his question and drifted back to my thoughts.

Rayhanah's POV:

I was either hallucinating or Umar had an issue with taking me to the expo. We'd never been close because I truly didn't like him at first. He gave mama such a hard time when he moved to our place. He'd have nightmares and he would make mama have to sleep next to him through out the night. He was an introvert and steered away from every conversation I tried to have with him but when I learnt that he was hafidh yesterday from Khaleed I knew that he deserved the benefit of doubt so I decided to give him one. Would he mess it up or prove himself?
.
.
.
Second Chapter up. Alhamdulilah. And I just wanna say a mega Shukraan to @SShSheikh for the feedback.♥