Chapter One: You Know What This Calls For?

"A celebration!" Hau jumped around Hau'oli excitedly. His friend Chuchu had just been crowned Alola Champion. Lillie, their other friend, was with them too.

"Yep! I agree! You did well Chuchu!" Lillie elbowed Chuchu playfully.

"I did, didn't I?" Chuchu laughed. She had long brunette hair, brown eyes and she wore a white tank top with a yellow thunderbolt and purple skirt. A red flower (?) hat sat on her head. Her Decidueye, Shadow, walked along with Hau's Infernaroar Rusty. I gave it the name.

"Where do you wanna go? Malasada shop?" Hau smiled and licked his lips.

"What about... actually where do you want to go, Lillie?" Chuchu asked cheerfully.

"I don't know. What about..." she began.

"Chuchu! Chuchu!" a crowd formed around the new Champion. The three kids all sighed.

"Can we get a picture?!"

"How are your team so strong?"

"What was it like taking on Red and Blue?"

The paparazzi was everywhere.
This frequently happened nowadays. Being Alola's first Champion, Chuchu couldn't go anywhere without a swarm of some kind...

"One at a time, please!" Chuchu tried meekly to quiet the chaos.

"OK everyone, the Champion isn't taking questions for now..." a familiar voice announced. Everyone gasped as the Kahuna Hala pushed through. He had a warm smile, but he whispered in Chuchu's ear with all seriousness.

"We have an emergency." he hissed.

Chuchu nodded, and they slowly but surely pushed their way through the crowd of people begging for pictures and interviews.
___

"What happened here?" Lillie's hand flew to her mouth when they saw the Pokémon Research Lab. It was more run-down than usual, with huge holes in the walls and scorch marks everywhere. But the most disturbing part was the fungi and vines slowly spreading around the building.

"Mallow, that's what happened. Kiawe, Lana, Sophocles and Ilima found her lying unconscious in the Lush Jungle on Akala Island. She wasn't a pretty sight. They carried her here in case Kukui knew what to do. But then, she woke up and went completely psychopathic on the whole place. And she told her pokémon to help her do it, which is why the place has sprouted plants everywhere. She wasn't right. Something about her was almost... inhuman. That wasn't the Mallow we knew." Hala finished.

Hau shivered. "What happened to Professor and the other Trial Captains?" Lillie asked anxiously.

"Disappeared without a trace." Hala sighed.

"Oh no! That's definitely no joke..." Chuchu yiped.

"Not at all. Burnet thinks she knows what is behind this, but if she's correct... it's nothing good." Hala replied.

"What is it?" the three children all chorused.

"It could be-"

Crash!
Zing!

A flash blinded them all for a minute, and everything spun when it disappeared.

"Gramps? Gramps!" Chuchu heard Hau cry out in despair. The small boy was crouched on the ground next to his grandfather, who lay injured.

"Hau... whatever you do... don't look at your reflection." he coughed. Then a spasm took hold of his body, and he sat bolt upright. His eyes were a shining red.

"You cannot deny the Ultra Beasts."
___

Sorry about the quality of this chapter, and the length. It was done in a hurry because I had to be somewhere.

But I hope you enjoy the rest!

P.S Chuchu is the female protagonist with a different name, OK?