Tangled Fates - Chapter 1

Start from the beginning

She laughed and looked over my shoulder too. “Yep, he is,” she confirmed, giggling.

I pulled her over to the group of guys and noticed that they were a lot older than I thought they were when I saw them from across the bar. They were probably mid-twenties or something, not really that old, but older than our nineteen years anyway.

I flicked my eyes round the group as we were walking up to them, one of them was actually really cute and totally my type. Dark brown hair and brown eyes, his face was really cute looking as he laughed with his friends. He was wearing a short sleeve blue shirt and light blue jeans. He looked a little worse for wear, maybe they’d been drinking for a while already. It was only just after ten but they all looked a little drunk.

I pulled Erin over to them and smiled nervously as I looked at the good looking one, deciding he could be the one I would go for - not that I was interested in anything tonight, but with Stuart watching I needed to get closer to someone and he just seemed to be the one that stuck out in the group his seven friends.

“Hi, excuse me, but I really need your help with something,” I said, as he turned to look at me, curiously. I noticed he was tall, probably about six one or two. Now that I was closer to him I could see the muscles in his forearms, he would have a nice body I bet. He was actually seriously yummy.

His brown eyes locked on mine and I felt the breath catch in my throat at the shade of them. They were gorgeous, a rich looking chestnut brown that looked really inviting and kind of trapped me in his gaze.

He smiled politely, looking a little confused. “What can we help you with?” he asked.

Wow, his voice is hot too! Smooth and silky and actually made my stomach flutter a little, but that could have been the base from the music that was banging in the bar.

“There’s this guy that just keeps talking to us and I kind of told him we were with you guys. So, I was wondering if we could hang out with you for a little while until he moves onto someone else?” I asked hopefully.

He smiled and nodded. “Sure. Which guy is it?” he asked, stepping closer to me. I could smell his aftershave and I bit back the little moan of desire that I felt. Damn, he was fine!

I didn’t look back. “The blond over by the bar.” I shrugged.

He smiled and laughed. “Yeah, he’s watching you. Looks like your lucks in there,” he teased.

I laughed and shook my head. “I don’t go for guys like that. Players just don’t do it for me. I…. err…. told him you were my boyfriend.” I winced a little, blushing because of how embarrassing that was to say out loud.

He laughed and bent down a little to talk to me. “You did? So, I’m more your type?” he asked, smirking at me.

Oh great, another flirt! “Actually no, you don’t do it for me either. He just didn’t look like he was leaving anytime soon and I spotted you guys and thought it was a good excuse,” I stated, drinking the last of the drink and pushing the empty glass onto the nearest table.

He laughed and pretended to be offended. “I don’t do it for you? What are you, blind?” he joked, waving at himself with wide eyes.

“It’s the shirt, it totally ruins the look you were going for…… maybe you should take it off?” I suggested, trying to look innocent.

He laughed and flicked his eyes over my shoulder; he smirked at Stuart before slipping his arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him and moving his face closer to mine. My heart started to race in my chest. Without my permission, my hands made their way to his sides, gripping his shirt tightly as I moved closer to him. His breath blew across my lips, making them part slightly and I gulped as the heat from his body was raising my temperature too.