house of the devil

We walk into the old house feeling uneasy. Me, Jay, and Chase are the best of friends. Even though im a girl they find me cool.

We lost a bet and had to stay in this old, smelly house for a night. Romor had it, that it was haunted." It smells like shit in here!" Jay said throwing his sleeping bag on the rotting floor. "I mean fuck! This is so sick!"

"Jay stop being such a girl! Its your fault we lost the damn bet int the first place" Chase said while examining the floor.

"Shhhh! You'll wake the ghosts!" I teased and walked across the floor to what seemed to be the parlor.

"Alexis!" Jay said sounding scared.

"What? Awww is wittle jason scawed?" I said in a babyish voice. Jay gave me a dirty look and I hurd Chase laugh to himself from across the room.

I smiled at Jay and went outside to the back of the house. At the back of the house was a dead clearing. Just yellow dried up grass and dirt. There was an abandond rusty yellow, old fashioned camaro only 13 feet from the house. I desided to go check it out and see if it worked.

On my way to the car i stumbled over a branch. I picked it up and got an idea. Sence it was close enough to look like a real arm bone I desided to play a trick.

"OHH MY GOD! A FUCKING ARM BONE!AHHH!!" I screamed sounding horrified. I threw the branch on the ground, screamingand pointing at it.

The guys came out and saw what I was pointing at." Holy fuck!" They both said at the same time. When i saw how much they had fallen for it i started laughing. I doubled over on the ground laughing.

"What the fuck is so funny?!" Jay said in a scared and shocked voice.

"It.it.it. its a tree branch!" I managed to say. Jay looked at me like was insane. Chase helped me off the ground and we went back inside.

It was around six o'clock when i started to hear a tapping noise.

"Jay? Chase? Are you guys making that noise?" I asked. They shook there heads no and a chill ran down my spine. I went into the kitchen where i was hearing the tapping noise the most. I looked for something that could have made the noise but i found nothing.

Creeped out, i walked back into the parlor and sat on my sleeping bag which was on the floor.

"That was weird" i thought to myself outloud.

"What was weird?" Chase asked. His blue eyes locking with mine.

"That tapping noise" i turned to Jay "Jason are you messing with me?cause i tell you right now it ain't funny!"

"What? No! I would never do that to you Alexis. Espeshally here" her said.

"Okay, so if its not you, and its not Chase, who is making that noise?"

"Maybe its the rats." Chase said.

"Yeah, maybe"i said hopeing it was.

Jay hopped into his sleeping bag and drifted of into sleep leaving me and Chase up. Alone. Me and Chase talked about whatever we could untill nine o'clock. I didnt want to go to sleep. Not there. Thank god it was Friday.

Suddenly I hurd something heavy being dragged alog the floor. I lookedat Chase and saw fear in his eyes. He saw the same fear in my eyes too.

We bth scrambled into Jay's sleeping back with him completly horrorfied. Jay woke up and said, "Hey what the he-" but then was cut off by Chase's hand on his mouth.

"Shhh" he said.putting a finger to his lips. Jay hurd the noise to and his eyes got wide with terror. For ten minutes we lay in that sleeping bag hearing unhumanly mumbles and the sound of something like a body being carelessly dragged across the floor. Then, it stopped.