Chapter four

Chapter four:

Mikael unzipped her dress slowly, feeling her warm skin.. He was kissing her neck and moving his lips all over them. Once the dress was off, he eyed her flawless body with eyes full of desire. Then he took her into his arms and cupped her breast whispering "You're so beautiful." into her ear. He laid her down on the floor and got on top of her. As he entered her slowly, their souls felt so close. As they came again and again together and into each others' arms, he felt so good, and she did too, it was an indulgence. They held hands tightly and it was then that he realized they weren't in the house anymore. They were in a magical place, on a boat floating in some clear river. The stars lit the sky, everything was perfect. He didn't know how, but it was all too perfect.

They were getting rough and wild. She was moaning and shouting, and he was breathing heavily, she had her fingers on his back..

The boat was swaying with their love making.

It was getting too rough, she dug her finger nails into his back. He closed his eyes for a few seconds, he did that regularly, to enjoy an orgasm a little more.

His eyes were opened wide to a shriek he heard all of a sudden, it was all happening too fast.

She pushed him with great force, a force he didn't know she had, he was thrown at the end of the boat. She arose, then she stared at him with a smirk that didn't leave her face, and started to walk towards him. She seemed to be changed, her face was black, it was if it wasn't the person he just made love to .

"What is wrong with you?!" He exclaimed.

He didn't receive an answer.

And with a blink of an eye, he wasn't in the boat anymore. He was in the tight grip of an extremely repugnant monstrous serpent, his eyes were huge, dazzling blood red. The pain was unbearable, he was suffocating. The serpent was squeezing every bone, every muscle in Mikael's body, he was screaming in terror, the breath that was raggedly moving in and out of his mouth at regular, gasping intervals, sweat poured down his body, but he couldn't feel it as the monster squeezed his body. Then, he was let go at last. But the real suffering was yet to come.

He was left on the cold ground in front of the creature, blood dripping from every inch of his body, the pain was unearthly. Tears were streaming down his face, throe welled up on him. Stinging and cruel, it was. It seemed as if the pain he experienced in the serpent's grasp was null in comparison to the inflammation he was in now. Yes, it seemed like his body was on fire.

He decided to give up.. Quit fighting it as it crawled without any ounce of remorse to every tissue of his body. He closed his eyes, and let every detail of that day run through his mind, he didn't help but regret not cherishing every moment of it.

He didn't really want to die, not at that moment, and not at the lake, he realized as he felt the end was to be near.

But it was too late..

He was being punished for surrendering to his own temptations, letting them decide for him without him thinking. His temptations drove him to what he was to face. He let them drive him. Oh, how he wished he was to get back to the Stensjödal and reject the girl who he didn't even know her name, he thought as his numb body started to shiver from the intensity of the pain.

He closed his eyes tightly..

Silence filled the place, it was over..

Did karma decide to spare him the suffering and turn him in to the gods? Did it finally feel pity over him?

He opened his eyes, but he couldn't see clearly, it was too dark. He looked around, he couldn't believe himself. He was back at the lake, he was sitting by the tree, just the way he was sitting before it all happened. The knife was still in his hand, everything was back again. He was one piece, the pain was long gone, and there were no injuries.

The first thought to pass by his mind, of course, was that he might have fallen asleep and that all that was just a dream, he smiled.

But wait, he looked down on his sweatshirt..

It was covered in blood.

His mouth dropped open, he stared in disbelief. Sharp intake of breath, aware of his heartbeats. Questions raced through his mind, but there were no time to think as he heard something rush through the trees. He got up, and ran, ran as fast as he could away from that dreadful place. The night air coursed through his lungs and dried his already parched throat. His heart was beating so fast, he was scared, scared that it would lead her to him or that it would burst out of his chest.

He couldn't feel or see anything, till he was at the gate of his house at last..

He let his hands rest on his knees, he took two deep breaths, in through his nose and out through his mouth..

He was overcame by a feeling of safety. He needed to rest, he almost dragged himself to his own room and threw himself without any second thoughts on the bed and slipped into oblivion, a nice deep one.