Waves

The soft crashing of the waves against his boat and the gentle rocking of wood beneath his feet was really all that that the blonde man lived for nowadays. After all, living for 700 years can take the fun out of things.

Back when he was known just as Naruto Uzamaki, the unpredictable ball of sunshine, he'd taken extreme measures in order to save his home. His friends. To win the war that ravaged on he had to completely become one with the Kyuubi in order to defeat Madara. However in that moment he had not only gotten the beasts chakra but their life forces merged together as well and considering the tailed beasts are immortal... well you get the point.

The battle was hard; with friends and comrades falling every second. People he'd known all his life. Gone in an instant. It was terrifying. And those images would plague him every night.

At the time he thought he was just sacrificing his life,and in a way he did.

But he didn't like to think back on that, after all it was years ago and every single one of them was gone, long since buried in a home that doesn't exist any more. It really made him wonder whether it was worth it, at least in the war he could have died with them. He supposed he was selfish to think that but after watching people he loved all die one by one from old age or sickness, he stayed the same, watching them leave him behind.

Forever 20 years old. Forever alone. He now knew why Kurama, the 9 tailed beast, used to be that bitter. To be that old, and that alone. Well it was amazing he himself hadn't gone mad.

The land of Fire and the shinobi nations had long since died out, 200 years after the war he was left the last living ninja, with no one alive but him.

In order to start anew Kami-sama spread the world with a massive flood; many islands perished, finding their graves beneath the sea. Kohona had been one of them. The whole landscape of the world completely changed, and with a new world came new people.

Men and women who knew nothing of chakra or fighting, he guessed it was Kami's way of wiping the slate clean. These new human migrated mostly between one of the four major seas like the East Blue. However the brave or adventurous ventured to make their homes on the strange islands in, what the man had started calling it, The Grandline.

Of course since chakra cant be destroyed only used, the remaining fragments in the world grouped together and made a home in a single mighty tree, that he had planted for it. This tree that held the only true reminder of his old life, bore strange fruits that granted powers like jutsu's.

Due to the fact that the immortal man had the rest of the large amounts of chakra housed in him, these fruits, aptly named Devil Fruits by scared citizens, were strangely attracted to him; appearing before him when they had ripened. In order to place them in safe hands the Blonde tasked himself with giving them to people who he thought deserved them.

Of course some fruits were drawn to people before coming to him like the Yami Yami no Mi which was drawn to the darkness in ones heart, just like its name stated.

In his time the man had made quite a name for himself, after all who wouldn't be threatened by a man who had lived since they were created. Of course he wasn't really a pirate or a criminal, in fact he knew many marines and had been asked for help many times before.

However despite this he had a bounty on him, well not really a bounty more like a warning notice, telling people to never engage in a fight with him kind of like the flee on sight order they used to have when he was young.

Seeing his destination in the distance, he willed the wind and water currents to push his small boat on. Docking silently on the edge of the island he made his way swiftly to were a famous event was about go down, The execution of the Pirate King, Gold D Roger.

Walking into the center of Louge Town, clad in a black hooded cloak, he made his way to front of the crowd, keeping himself in the shadow of buildings as to avoid attention. He stood there for 10 minutes before the man himself was escorted past the crowd.

His eyes however were drawn to a boy with white hair who hastily shoved past him to look upon the famous pirate. Naruto lips tilted up as he saw the look of awe on the boys face. He felt a strong pull to the boy meaning that he would have one of his devil fruits in the future.

Despite the situation The Pirate King had a smile on his face as he walked towards his death and stood proud even though he was shackled. Time seemed to slow as Roger passed him, and as if sensing him he had turned, looking the blonde straight in the eye and although no words were exchanged both men nodded to one another before the famous pirate was swept away.

As the execution continued he tuned out the crowd and what everyone was saying, only keeping his eyes on the man who he had watched grow up. He only listened to Roger as he pronounced his last words.

"Go look for it. I left all of it at that place."

With those words Rogers eyes once again found his and stayed there until the moment the blades reached him.

Silence pursued. And only a couple seconds later cheers erupted.

Gone was Gold D Roger, the Pirate King and student of The Bloody Emperor and what was born was a new age, the age of the Pirate.

Feel free to comment if you have any questions, also I'm sorry if I get some facts wrong during the story, I hope you continue reading :)