{Mischievous Boy}

{Mischievous Boy}

            “Jack…?” Elsa took a step away in bewilderment, her eyes never straying from his azure eyes twinkling so majestically under the moonlight. Her heart skipped a beat when his smirk turned into a gentle smile.

            “That’s right, my name is Jack Frost and this has been the first time someone has noticed me,” Jack informed from behind the glass window, his hand came up to touch the cold surface. “And who might you be?”

            Elsa blinked at the boy and thought silently if she was going mad, for she had never seen such a handsome boy appear out of thin air and speak so bluntly toward her. She narrowed her eyes in suspicion and answered in a rather shaky tone, “What business do you have to learn my name?”

            Jack wanted to crackle into laughter at seeing such a small girl mutter with an adult tone, as if she was not nine years old. “Well…I’m kind of interested,” he replied bringing a rose tint on Elsa’s cheeks.

            “I-interested? In me?” She stuttered averting her eyes to his worn out clothes, they were made out of old wool and cotton. Her eyebrows rose in surprise when she realized that he was also floating mid-air, his bare feet hanging above the window pane. “How is it that you are flying?”

            Jack shrugged his slim shoulders and said, “I don’t…wait a minute why can I answer your questions when you can’t answer mine?”  He crossed his arms over his chest and gazed at her as if she had done something wrong.

            “Because…” Elsa trailed off as he furrowed his eyebrows in playful anger. He was right it was rude for her not to answer his questions. “Elsa…” she muttered in a low whisper.

            “What was that? Ella?” He played along pretending he hadn’t heard her words. “I couldn’t hear you over this barrier between us,” he grinned as he brought his ear against the window.

            She raised her head and yelled, “My name is Elsa…Princess Elsa of Arendelle!”

            “Nice title, little princess,” he chuckled and she frowned for him finding her title humorous. But somehow instead of lashing out she found herself giggling. “What? What’s so hilarious Princess?”

            “Then what kind of name is Jack Frost, such a peculiar name,” she spoke through laughter once he showed his annoyed expression. He was kind of cute when she teased him, she noticed.

            “Hey watch it, my name is cool and awesome unlike Elsa,” he stuck his tongue out which only resulted in her giggling more. Of course him being the gentleman he is he let it slide, after all this was the first time he has seen her smiling so joyfully.

            Jack wouldn’t tell but he had been watching from afar the lonesome girl inside from the castle, her eyes always seemed to be brimming with sadness as she watched others from up above. He would have never thought she would see him, as a person…as a real life person.

            “Princess Elsa, why don’t you join me outside in this icy paradise?” He suggested stretching his hand out for her, his head bowed and a small smile playing at his luscious lips.

            Elsa hesitated for a moment, her laughter residing as she stared at his offered hand with wonder. “I’m sorry…I cannot,” she shook her head and once more the gloomy look appeared on her face.

            He snapped his head up and looked at Elsa with pity, the poor girl needed fun and he knew it from her eyes that she craved it. “Why not?”

            “Because I’m afraid of hurting you, just like I did with…” her voice cracked and she turned away from his curious gaze.  “You don’t understand Jack when I’m around someone fear instantly overwhelms me and I end up freezing something or causing pain,” she felt her throat ache at the truth escaping from her lips.

            “I don’t mind,” Jack Frost answered after a silent minute he understood. At his words she turned around to face him and walked closer to the window, her hands trembling. “What?” She gaped at him for talking so bravely.

            “The cold never bothered me anyway,” he repeated with a small shrug. “If what you say is the truth then we have no problem, since me and the cold are buddies,” he clarified to her awe. With a blow of air from his lips the whole window became ice at his breath, forming patterns so elegantly that left Elsa with wide eyes.

            Could it be he is the same as me? She thought as her hand reached up to touch his art.

            “Now will you come with me? I promise I will return you as soon as you wish,” he reassured that twinkle of hope returning to his eyes. Unable to resist at the temptation nipping at her skin she opened her window and took a hold of his hand, her fingers tangling with his own.

            Unlike her own cold hands that still had a tint of warmness, his were entirely cold…but she didn’t mind. The excitement was coursing through her when the air around them brought them over the sky.

            She couldn’t believe it; she was soaring through the dark sky, the wind thrashing her hair and the soft velvety chill climbing up her torso. Elsa took a peek at Jack and found him also absorbed in the feeling of flying.

            Maybe it wouldn’t be bad if she got to show this mischievous boy her feelings, because they seemed so alike in ways. “Not so different after all,” she whispered with a low blush licking at her cheeks.